10

Y/n's POV

"Girls, how was your visit with the boys?" Mrs Stuarts asks.

"It was good, mother." Elizabeth says looking at me.

"Y/n, did you see your Gilbert?" Mrs Stuarts asks genuinely.

"Don't say that in front of my parents, Lydia. But yes, we did see him." I say the first part sternly, but lighten up when I think about him.

"Ohhh? Is there something we should know, y/n?" Lydia says as Elizabeth walks us both outside. Lilly tags along, still eating her cookies.

"All you need to know is my parents intend for me to marry Billy, you know the blonde jerk who was trying to hit on you at the fire Elizabeth?" I say sorta laughing.

"They want you to marry HIM?" Lydia asks, horrified.

"It's been the plan since I was born..." I say, "I don't have a choice."

"Well thats just silly! Princess y/n should marry the handsome knight Gilbert, he's the one who saved her!" Lilly yells running around the yard.

"I know it's strange to agree with your 5 year old daughter, but I agree." Lydia says.

"I agree too..." I say quietly.

"Well then it's settled. You invite the handsome knight over for tea. I will convince your parents that it is to thank him for what he did, then they can see how in love you two are!" Lydia says.

"I second that!" Elizabeth yells.

"They won't fall for it."

"Too late, I'm on my way to tell your mother now!" Lydia says walking off.

"Oh no." I groan.

"Nope, I will not have that! You have to tell me what happened when Gilbert walked away with you!" Elizabeth says.

"Fine. He told me what Lilly told him, then I teased him, and then kiss-"

"Yes!"

"No! I kissed his cheek, that is all." I yell standing up.

"I think that still counts." Elizabeth says grabbing my hands and spinning us around. Lilly jumps in too so we are all spinning around.

A 21 year old, a 15 year old and a 5 year old. Spinning around because they want to.

"What are we celebrating here ladies?" Adam asks as he walks up to give Lizzy a kiss.

"Not telling." She says.

"What? But I'm your future husband and your sister and your sisters future husband! Doesn't that mean anything?"

"Not really." I say giving him a pat on the back.

"I'll tell you" Lilly says.

"NO!" Elizabeth and I yell, oh no, we made her cry.

"No, princess, don't cry. Please? We're sorry, it's just that this is a super secret secret, ok?" I say giving her a hug and a kiss on her forehead.

"I should go." Adam says.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I won't tell."

"Ok sweetie. You go inside with Adam, Lizzy and I have to go invite you know who." I wink at her and send them inside.

"You are really good with her, you know?" Lizzy says as we make our way to Gilbert's house.

"It's nice having her around, both of you. Why do you have to go to London?" I ask and stop walking.

"I don't want to, father has a house there and he wants us to get it nice to sell, then we will move back here."

"So you will come back? That's good." I hug her.

We arrive at Gilbert's house and I knock on the door, a lady comes and opens it.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, is Gilbert home?" I say.

"Yes, he's just out the back in the shed." She says.

"Thank you very much." Elizabeth and I say in sync.