19

Gilbert's POV

Anne, Ruby and Diana visited today. I was hoping it was y/n, but instead I opened the door to a smiling Ruby, normal Diana and very awkward Anne. They gave me a shepherds pie and Diana said the obvious, "we're sorry for your loss." Ruby seemed upset by that. I said thank you, hoping they would leave but instead they mentioned Anne made the topping, and she yelled how she would be a horrible wife. Ok?

Finally they leave and I cover all the furniture with cloth. And packed my food and clothes for tomorrows train.

I leave at 8 am. Head to the station to make the train at 10. When I arrive I see two very familiar faces. Adam and Elizabeth. They're leaving today too? Poor y/n.

"Ahh, Gilbert! You headed to Charlottetown?" Adam asks.

"Yes, for now." I reply. I look over at Elizabeth and she seems mad, at me. Y/n must have told her. "Elizabeth. Please. I don't want to leave her." Adam is now confused.

"Then why are you! How could you! She told me everything, what you said, she even... the ring!"

"Darling, what are you talking about?" Adam asks.

"None of your business darling." Elizabeth turns to him. "Can you please go find our seats, I'll join in a minute." She gives him a kiss and he takes their bags to the train.

"She loves you."

"I love her! I just need to clear my head. I'll be back before you!" I didn't mean to yell that last part.

"Ugh! It's not my choice to leave! You are choosing to. No, never mind, we are not having this conversation. I'm getting on the train, and I sincerely hope you don't join me!" And with that shes gone.

And for some reason, after all that, I still get on the train to Charlottetown.

Y/n's POV

Elizabeth came over yesterday, and I told her everything. She was so upset with him, but eventually she had to leave.

It was horrible saying goodbye to her but I know they will be back soon.

Today is school and Anne has told everyone that Gilbert isn't in Avonlea anymore. I didn't talk to anyone in the morning but Anne has been really nice and sweet, I don't know what Gilbert told her but I'm ok.

I go home at the end of the day and spend it like any other day.

It's Tuesday today and all the girls are saying Anne is poor. I don't know why but she also seems very upset by it. I hate all this drama at school, I just want to learn and get back home but I have to deal with all the girls and Mr Phillips doesn't teach us anything anyway.