22

Y/n's POV

It was so nice to meet Sebastian, and I am so happy Gilbert is home.

As I am walking home I hear some footsteps behind me.

"Y/n," it's Billy, I keep walking. "Y/n, stop! Gilbert has been gone for a year, he's not coming back. And we're 16 now, so, I am asking you this, will you be engaged to me again?" What did he just say. I turn around.

"No. Not that it's any of your business but my parents have already promised me to someone else. And I wouldn't marry you anyway!"

He laughs. "Y/n, don't lie. You and I both know I am the only person on this earth who will settle for you." What did he just say?

"You will eat those words one day. I'm going home, please leave me alone." I say and walk away.

The next day when I get to school everyone is crowded around someone who I assume is Gilbert.

"He's back! Y/n he came back for me, not you!" Ruby yells as I walk into the classroom. Yeah sure.

"Y/n. There you are!" He walks over to me and hugs me.

"Hi darling." I whisper so no one else can hear. As we pull away I can feel Ruby's eyes on my, as well as everyone else's. I go to put my stuff away when I feel someone slap me.

"What the-"

"HOW DARE YOU!" Ruby screeches.

"RUBY! Y/n, are you ok?" Gilbert rushes over to me.

"I'm fine." I whimper.

"Ok. Ruby! What was that for! How dare you hit her! She is your friend!" Gilbert hisses at her holding me in his arms.

"How dare I? How dare HER! If she was really my friend she wouldn't even talk to you! She started this! You're supposed to love me not her!" I hear Ruby yell at us as Gilbert holds me tighter.

"Well I don't! And if you think this would make me like you, you were very wrong! Come on y/n let's go for a walk."

As we're walking out Anne sees Gilbert and says hello very nervously, I look up at her and see that all her long red hair has been chopped off.

"You look nice, Anne." I whisper to her and she smiles and turns to see a crying Ruby.

"What happened?" Anne asks me.

"Gilbert's back." Is all I say and Gilbert and I go for a walk.