43

Y/n's POV

"Come here then, sit down."

I sit and I can feel Anne standing behind me.

"So, what do you see?" Anne ask impatiently.

"A boy, his eyes are full of admiration, tied to you with a ribbon of love as you dance with him."

"Perfect! I knew it was him! But what about that girl he brought here today?"

"I can't help if they are not here, 10 cents."

"Oh, of course." I say as I quickly pay her and leave the tent.

"I knew you two were made for each other. I love love."

"Anne," I laugh " you are so strange sometimes."

"I know."

"Isn't your cake thing soon?"

"Oh!" She gasps as she takes my arm and we run to to the biggest tent.

Anne joins everyone, including Winnie and her family. Gilbert is holding her arm again. So when I'm gone it's her?

I don't join them because the cake testing has started and I don't want to walk through the crowd and make a scene, so I just stay in the corner.

The judges love Anne's cake and I watch as Winnie congratulates her, Gilbert does too but his eyes don't stop looking at Winnie's face.

I can't just stand there, so I leave, still trying not to draw too much attention to myself.

Gilbert's POV

"Where's y/n?" Winnie asks me and Anne.

"She came here with me, I don't know where she went." Anne says as she looks around.

"Gilbert, go find her, make sure she's alright." Winnie insists as Anne points out where she last saw her.

It takes me less than a minute to find her, pacing around and talking to herself.

I stand a few feet away from her and clear my throat. She stop's what she's doing, her back facing me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking a step closer to her.

"Why are you so concerned?" She laughs through a sob. "Just go away."

"Look at me." Another step closer. "Y/n, look at me please."

"I need to go home."

"But what about the dance? We practiced, remember?" I try to turn her around, to face me.

"Dance with Winnie. Or Anne even! I'm leaving." She says with a quiet yet stubborn voice before turning to face me finally. "Goodbye Gilbert."