23

Gilbert's POV

Y/n and I go on a five minute walk then back to school because we don't want to be late.

"You know who would be perfect together? Billy and Ruby! They both hate that you like me. But then Ruby is my friend." Y/n rants.

"She just slapped you! How do you forgive so easily?" I ask her.

"She's my friend. I was her friend before I was yours, and she is only bad when it comes to you." She reason. I'm not sure if she's trying to convince me or herself.

"Y/n, calm down. She'll get over it eventually. Now let's go inside, we need good marks remember?" I joke and we both walk into class.

Y/n sits with Anne but neither are their normal selfs so they just sit awkwardly in silence.

After class I approach Mr Phillips to ask if he can give me some extra tutoring, as I have missed a lot and want to be a doctor. His reasoning for not is "should your father just give away his crops." Which annoys me because he knows my father is dead.

"A doctor, eh?" Y/n asks when we leave to walk home.

"Yeah, after what happened to my dad, and in Trinidad with that lady, I just think it's the right thing for me." I told her about Trinidad in one of my letters.

"Well if you make good money, my family will support you." She laughs. "Can we go visit Bash?" She asks and so we head towards my house again, but before we go inside y/n turns to face me and we just look at each other smiling. I love her so much.

We go inside and tell Bash about this morning and he laughs so hard, he almost spits out his tea.

"She slapped you? Did you beat her up?" Bash asks y/n.

"I wanted to, but Mr Hero stopped me." They both laugh.

"Why are you two so mean to me?" I ask and they just look at me and laugh more.

"Well, how was your day?" Bash asks me.

"You know how it started, later I asked Mr Phillips to help me catch up and he yelled at me, so not great." I say.

"Well his wedding is in a few weeks, then he'll be gone!" Y/n announces.

"Poor Prissy." I say and she laughs.

"I better be getting home." She says and stands up.

"Bye, y/n." Bash says and I give her a kiss on the cheek as she leaves the house. "You loooove her." Bash says once I close the door.

"What gave me away?" I joke and go back to the kitchen to start making our dinner.