27

Y/n's POV

During break I approach Anne.

"Hi y/n." She says in a voice I've never heard her use. She seems sad. But not angry.

"Anne, I want to talk to you about this morning. What you were doing was wrong. The things you said were embarrassing. Especially for Prissy. But that's not all. What were you going to say about me? Before you were cut off." I say sitting down with her.

"Y/n I'm so sorry." Anne says avoiding the question.

"Anne."

"I was going to say... that you were sad because... Gilbert was your friend?" She tries to lie.

"Even that should be a secret, Anne. And I know that's not what you were going to say." I sigh. I don't want to be mad at her.

"I am really sorry."

"I know. I'm not mad. But you cannot tell. I don't need Ruby killing me anytime soon." I joke.

Gilbert's POV

After school I approach Miss Stacy to see if she might help me in academics so I can get early access to college. The main reason is to make a difference in the world sooner but also that the sooner I have a good job, I can marry y/n. The latter is something I won't tell Miss Stacy.

I can feel someone standing behind me, I assume it's Anne as she has to speak with the teacher too. But then I hear the red heads voice from near a window. I look over my shoulder to see y/n waiting patiently at the entrance to the school. I use the short moment while Anne is talking to take in y/n's beauty yet again.

"Gilbert? Gilbert?" I turn back to see a smiling Miss Stacy.

"Sorry?" I apologise quickly.

"I was just saying that I would be happy to help you with your studies. It's possible you could finish school a little early and be premed next year."

"I'll do whatever it takes!"

"Let's meet before class, in the mornings and get you started." Miss Stacy says.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" I can't believe we have a teacher you cares. I smile at Anne before grabbing my belongings and walking out with y/n following not too long after.

"Oh I'm so happy for you!" She exclaims and once we reach the forest I pull her into a huge hug.

"You're not upset that I'll be leaving earlier?" I ask into her hair.

"Not if it means we can actually be together sooner. I can't be upset when the love of my life is having his dreams come true."

"Love of your life?" I ask pulling out of our hug.

"Of course. I love you Gilbert Blythe." She smiles.

"I love you too, y/n y/l/n. Or how about y/n Blythe?" And with that she connects her lips to mine. It doesn't feel like our other kisses. It feels like more, if that's possible. It feels like my heart has made a vow that it will forever be hers and hers mine.