42

Y/n's POV

Winnie is really nice, her parents are like mine used to be, some of the similarities are crazy.

Diana takes my arm and walks me over to where we can see Billy pitifully attempting to impress Josie at the high striker.

"You could do better than that." Diana whispers to me as we try to hide our laughter.

"I don't need to try to impress anyone."

"Of course not, you have the perfect man already. Not to mention all the town is in love with you." Diana says dramatically as we continue walking through the fair.

"Diana, please, don't be ridiculous."

"Oh look around y/n! You think all these boys look at any girl the way they look at you?"

"I think they're looking at you." I laugh as I take her hand and twirl her.

"Now you're being ridiculous."

"Is she now?" Gilbert ask, "You see, Diana, I can't recall a time when she has ever been anything but perfect." He says with a smile as I try to hide my blush.

"Oh no, Gilbert! You've embarrassed her!" Winnie says loudly, joining Diana's laughing fit.

By the time they stopped laughing the four of us were back at the high striker, Billy was finally giving up when Jerry asked to have a go and won on the first try.

"He's quite handsome." Winnie says and I notice Diana tense a little.

A moment later Jerry looks over to her and walks away.

"Will you excuse me." Diana say quietly before going off in the same direction.

After a moment of non of use talking Winnie says she see someone she knows and leaves us as well.

"What do you think Diana is doing with Jerry?" Gilbert asks me quietly while brushing his hand against mine.

"Something entirely unspeakable. Where is my darling Delphine?" I say as I take his hand for a second before we begin walking to the beautiful little family eating ice cream.

"Gilbert! Y/n! Delphine has discovered ice cream." Mary says as Bash tries to wipe it off the babies face.

"There's my sweet girl." I say as she gets placed in my arms. But not for long.

"Y/n! Y/n!" Anne yells, "you need to come with me right now!" And so Gilbert takes Delphine and Anne drags me towards a tent, we're inside before I could see what it was.

"Ah, you brought another one." A lady sitting at a little table says to Anne.

"You need to read her future, her romantic life depends on it."

"Wait, what?"