CHAPTER 16 | my dear yue

THEY HAD BEEN flying for two days straight. Appa was close to the water, flying slower than usual. "I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka asked.

"I have an idea. Why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole?!" Aang snapped.

"I'd love to." Sokka said. He wiggled his butt. "Climb on everyone. Sokka is ready for takeoff." Momo leapt into his back.

"Look were all just tired and a little cranky, because we've been flying for ages." Katara said.

"And for what?!" Sokka replied. "We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe! There's nothing up here."

"It has to be around here somewhere. It's not like it can just disappear." Kasumi said, she was organising her knifes in size order.

A large splash of water froze into ice inf roten of them. Aang screamed and steered Appa away from them. One piece of ice hit Appa and made him fall into the water. Two boats with men wearing blue surrounded them. "They're waterbenders! We found the Water Tribe!" Katara exclaimed.

The boats lead them to the Northern Water Tribe. Kasumi's jaw dropped, when she saw it. A huge wall of ice with the Water Tribe symbol on it. The wall was waterbended open for them to pass through. "I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!" Katara said. There were intricate pillars of pure ice and rows of detailed ice houses. Appa swam past a boat, containing a young woman and a waterbender.

She had long, white hair, the colour of fresh snow, and soft, blue eyes. Her skin was bright, glowing even. She wore a regal, purple robe with a white fur trim. "This place is beautiful." Katara said.

Kasumi looked at the girl and back at the amazing buildings around them. "Yeah.." she whispered to herself. "She is.."

They met the Chief and he held a feast that same night. "Tonight we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Water Tribe." The Chief announced. "And they have brought with them someone very special, someone who many of us believed disappeared from the world, until now. The Avatar!"

Aang waved and everyone cheered. Unbelievable. Kasumi was forgotten. Oh well, she didn't really mind that much.

"We also celebrate my daughter's sixteenth birthday." The girl from the boat stood up. "Princess Yue is now of marrying age!" Kasumi looked over at her.

"Thank you, father." Yue said. "May the great ocean and moon spirits watch over us during these troubled times."

"Now! Master Pakku and his students will perform!"

An old man and two young boys did some fancy tricks with water. Kasumi and Sokka went to sit down at the table. Sokka was stuffing his mouth with food. Kasumi was shaking her head at him, when Yue sat down next to her. "Hello, my name is Kasumi."

Yue nodded her head. "Very nice to meet you."

Sokka was oblivious to the fact that Yue was even at their table. He continued to chomp on his food.

"You're a Princess?" Kasumi asked. Yue nodded. "I'm supposed to be someone important myself. I don't know why, though." She was thinking about Heia.

Sokka laughed. "As if! You're just some rando we found on Kyoshi!"

Kasumi whipped her head around. "Do you mind? I'm trying to to have conversation here!" she said.

Sokka bowed. "Apologies, Lady Kasumi."

She rolled her eyes and continued talking to Yue. "It looks like we'll be around here for a while." she said. "Aang has to master waterbending."

Yue nodded and smiled. "May I ask you something, Kasumi?"