CHAPTER 9 | the flood

DREAMING. Kasumi was dreaming. The whole room was black. Her mother, father and stood in the middle. She ran over to them to give them a hug. "You left us, Kasumi. You left us." They chanted. She ran away and crashed into Sokka.

"Firebender!" he screamed and threw his boomerang at her. She dodged, and tried to speak. Words weren't coming out of her mouth. "SHE'S GOING TO KILL US ALL! SHE'S EVIL!" He grabbed a sword and thrusted it into her chest. He gave her a look of disgust, and he kicked her into a pit of fire.

Heia was looking down at her, shaking her head. "I had so much faith in you." She lifted her hand. "And you failed. Ruined everything." She swung her arm in the air and Kasumi felt the life seep out of her. "I'll find someone else to do your job." Heia said.

Everything went white, and then B L A C K.

Kasumi was jolted awake. Sokka was asleep, facing her. His hair was down. Their legs were tangled and his hand was on top of hers. She tried to inch her hand away, and get out of bed, but he groaned softly. She stayed put, and looked at the boy right next to her. His eyelids fluttered open, revealing those beautiful blue eyes. He looked at her for a moment.

"Hey." Sokka murmured. We actually slept in a bed together, he thought.

"Hi. I'm gonna go to the bathroom, alright?"

"Yeah."

Quietly, to not wake Aang and Katara, Kasumi grabbed something to wear from our bags and walked into the bathroom.  There was a medium sized basin. She washed up in there and put on her clothes. Long, dark red flare trousers with a matching top with one sleeve. Sokka knocked on the door of the bathroom.

"You done in here? I wanna wash my hair." he asked.

"Yeah, just come in." She was towelling her hair dry. When he came in, she felt that fluttery feeling in her stomach again.

Sokka grabbed the shampoo and dunked his head into the water. He massaged the shampoo into his hair. Kasumi filled up a jug with water and handed it to him. "There you go. It's better than just dunking your head in there."

"Thanks Kasumi." Sokka said, before she walked out the door.

Katara sat on her mattress, Aang was still asleep. Kasumi sat down next to her. "Did you have a good rest, love?" she asked.

"Yeah, it was fine." she giggled. "But it seems like you slept better." Kasumi's cheeks went red.

"No!"

"Don't lie! I saw you guys. All lovey dovey."

"No, he just helped me go to sleep. That's all."

"Mhm."

She playfully gave Katara a nudge in her elbow. "Woah, Kasumi. It's weird how we've already spent seven weeks together."

"I guess so."

Katara and Kasumi carried on chatting about the most random stuff when Sokka walked out the bathroom. He was drying his hair and had a towel around his waist.

"EW! Sokka please leave, you're making me wanna vomit." Katara yelled. Kasumi laughed to make her feel better about her joke.

"Spirits, Katara. I just came here to get my clothes." Sokka said, grabbing some blue clothes from his bags. "Look, I'm going now." He left to go into the bathroom again, walking out later fully dressed with his hair tied up.

Katara walked into the bathroom to get ready. She took so long. Aang had woken up at this point. He just ran to the bathroom in the hut next door. Sokka was sitting on the mattress we slept on, looking at a map. Kasumi sat next to him, observing it as well.