CHAPTER 2 | bye, bye kyoshi

SOKKA STAYED STILL, not knowing what to do. For a while, they stayed like that, but then he scooped her up in his arms and carried the sleeping girl to her home. Katara described the house to him, so he knew which one we was going to. His hand shaking, he knocked on the wooden door.

Her mother opened the door, and said hello in a singsong voice. She lead Sokka upstairs into Kasumi's room and let Sokka place her in her bed. Sokka observed the room.

It was wallpapered with a soft green print. Her bedspread was a light pink floral design, complimenting the green. She had a large ,white wardrobe and a tall mirror leaning against the wall, next to a painting. It was of a man who looked similar to Kasumi. There was another painting of young girl, also very similar to Kasumi.

Her mother offered Sokka to eat dinner with the family. It was getting late, but Sokka couldn't decline. He ate some noodles with them, conversing about major things that had happened recently. Sokka found out that Kasumi's father died fighting Fire Nation soldiers and her sister had been kidnapped by them.

The family loved him. Ju realized he was a good boy, when he brought Kasumi home safe. He didn't seem like the type of person to take advantage of someone.

After an hour or so, Sokka left their home and went to the Mayor's house, where they were supposed to be staying. The room they were staying in was decorated beautifully. Aang and Katara were already asleep, so Sokka sank into his bed, and drifted to sleep himself.

Kasumi woke up, was swathed in sheets. Warm morning light was seeping through the blinds into her room, illuminating it. Slowly, she trudged out of bed and into the bathroom. She scrubbed her teeth and washed her face, thinking about yesterday.

Sokka was nice, but we don't properly know each other. Yeah, we talked on the beach, but it's only been a day. I meant what I said, when we were on the beach. I need to help them, find Jasmine, she thought.

Her mother came upstairs. "Your boyfriend is so nice, sweetheart."

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Alright, but he was truly such a nice young boy."

"Whatever you say, mother." She wore the same outfit she fought Sokka in.

Downstairs, some oats and bread sat at the table. Kasumi ate them happily and walked out the house. The Kyoshi Statue was being repainted in honour of Avatar Aang. Akio walked up to her and gave her a hug. "I came to your house to drop something my mother made off, and your aunt told me you went out with someone?" Akio said.

"Yeah, I went out with Sokka, cuz I lost a stupid fight, but it's fine. It didn't really mean anything. I hope you don't mind." Kasumi replied. Akio looked shocked.

"I don't care about who you go out with!" He took her hand in his. "I love you, but I won't control you."

Kasumi flushed. She didn't know what to say. Luckily, Avatar Aang approached them and gave them a huge smile. "Hello! My name's Aang." he said.

"My name's Kasumi, and this is Akio." Akio gave him a small bow. "It's an honour to meet you, Avatar Aang."

"You don't need to be formal! Just call me Aang!" Aang said, cheerfully. Kasumi smiled.

"Okay, Aang!"

They talked for a while and she found out that he owned a sky bison. "Wanna take Appa for a spin?" he asked. They hopped onto Appa, the bison, and flew around the island. There was wind in Kasumi's hair and Aang talking to her. She genuinely felt so safe with him.

When they landed, Kasumi could hear people ascreaming. The smell of smoke flooded her nostrils.

 The smell of smoke flooded her nostrils