CHAPTER 19 | two lovers~

THEY HAD DECIDED to stop and rest on their way to Omashu. Katara and Aang were practising their waterbending, while Kasumi and Sokka swam. She had gotten a new swimsuit, pretty much the same as Katara's, but pink and more flowy. Sokka floated on a large leaf, with Momo lying on his stomach.

"You guys are gonna be done soon, right?" Sokka asked. "We've got a lot of ground to cover if we wanna make it to Omashu today."

Katara turned around. "What, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" she snickered.

"I could be ready in two minutes, seriously, whenever." Sokka said. Faint music was being played. Everyone looked up and saw a group of people dancing and singing. Kasumi recognised the song It went like, don't fall in love with the travelling girl, she'll leave you broke and broken-hearted!

The music stopped. "Hey river people!" The man singing said.

"We're not river people." Katara replied.

"You're not? Well, then what kind of people are you?" The man asked.

"Just people." Aang said.

"Who are you?" Sokka asked, suspicious.

"I'm Chong. And this is my wife Lily." The woman with a flower headdress curtsied. "We're nomads. Happy to go wherever the wind takes us."

"That's great! I'm a nomad!" Aang exclaimed.

"Hey! Me too!" Chong said, forgetting that he had explained that to them a few seconds ago.

"You just said that." Aang said.

Chong looked at Sokka, and then to Kasumi back and forth. "Nice underwear." he said. "Looking at pink swimsuit over there like you wanna take hers off, though."  Kasumi's eyes widened. Sokka grabbed Momo to cover himself. He walked off, blushing awkwardly. "He's just shy." Chong said. "He'll give you something special one day, don't you worry."

Kasumi shivered. "Sir, I'm still a minor."

They got changed and Lily braided and wove flowers into Kasumi's hair. "Were you born with these white hairs?" she asked.

"No, something else."

"How did you get them?"

"It's a long story." Kasumi replied, not wanting to talk about Yue. She was still grieving and every night she'd cry herself to sleep. Sokka insisted that they get to Omashu with no sidetracks.

"There's an old story about a secret pass, right through the mountains." Chong explained. "It's a real legend. And it's as old as earthbending itself." He strummed his guitar and started singing.

Two lovers,
Forbidden from one another,
A war divides their people,
And the mountains divides them apart,
Build a path to be together,

Yeah he forgot the next couple lines, but then it went..

SECRET TUNNEL!
SECRET TUNNEL!
THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS,
SECRET, SECRET, SECRET,
SECRET TUNNEL! ~yeah

Sokka was not impressed. The rest of the group enjoyed the song. They still decided to fly on Appa though.When they were in the sky, they were attacked by the Fire Nation with flaming rocks. They walked by the nomads. "Secret love cave, let's go."

Chong explained how the lovers didn't want anyone to find out about them, so they built a network of tunnels, a labyrinth. Lily said all they needed to do was trust in love, according to the curse. Sokka didn't take it that well.