CHAPTER 26 | 'it'll quench ya!'

"HOW COULD YOU LET THEM TAKE APPA?!" Aang screamed.

"I couldn't have stopped them! The library was sinking and you guys were still inside and-" Toph yelled.

"You could've come to get us! I could've saved him!" Aang shouted.

"I can hardly feel any vibrations out here. The sandbenders snuck up on me, and there wasn't time for-"

"YOU JUST DIDN'T CARE! YOU NEVER LIKED APPA, YOU WANTED HIM GONE!"

Katara grabbed Aang. "Stop it. You know Toph did all she could. She saved our lives." Katara said.

Sokka was staring at the endless stretch of sand. "Who's gonna save our lives now?" he asked. "We'll never make it out of here."

"That's all any of you guys care about. YOURSELVES!" Aang yelled. "You don't care whether Appa is okay or not!"

"Aang, we're all scared for Appa, but we can't fight!" Kasumi exclaimed.

Aang grabbed his glider. "I'm going after Appa." He glided away before Katara could stop him.

"We better start walking. We're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. We have to get that information to Ba Sing Se." Katara said. Kasumi grabbed Toph's hand.

"Hey!"

"Don't worry, it's just so I can guide you through."

"Fine."

They walked on for a while, before things started to seem unbearable

They walked on for a while, before things started to seem unbearable. It was extremely hot and everyone was tired. "Katara, can I have some water?" Toph asked. Katara bended four blobs of water into everyone's mouth, including her own.

"We're drinking your bending water?!" Sokka exclaimed. He swished the water around in his mouth. "You used this on the swamp guy!"

"It does taste swampy." Toph pointed out.

"I'm sorry, it's all we have." Katara said.

"Not anymore, look!" Sokka said, pointing at a lone cactus standing. He ran over and cut it open with his machete. He then tilted the bowl and poured it into his mouth. Kasumi walked over and took the bowl that Sokka had offered her. She took a few small sips and passed it back to Sokka.

"You guys shouldn't be drinking from strange plants!" Katara yelled.

"There's water trapped in these." Sokka said, holding out a bowl of the water. Katara edged away from it.

"I dunno."

"Suit yourself. It's very thirst quenching, though."

"Agreed!" Kasumi added. "Extremely hydrating." Sokka's pupils widened. "Maybe don't have more than a couple of sips." She watched as he shook his head violently.

"Drink cactus juice!" he beamed. He threw himself on the sand and moved around like a worm. "Nothing's quenchier!"

"Okay, you've had enough." Katara said, pouring the juice onto the ground. "Let's go. Kasumi, can you get my brother?" She nodded and grabbed Sokka's hand to pull him with her.