CHAPTER 44 | little sister

200 votes! thank you guys so much! <33
_____________________________

JASMINE HAD TAKEN over Kasumi's mind. Now that she knew she was alive, she felt immense guilt. Azula said she had talked about her, and had hope that she was rescue her.

That's not the way things worked out.

Sokka was sound asleep, snoring loudly by her. She had her face pressed into his back. When she turned around, he had turned with her, so that he was holding her instead. That whole night, she just tossed and turned, thinking about her baby sister.

It had been five years, since she had last seen her. Five years!

In the morning, she crept out of bed and made everyone breakfast. She put Sokka's food and on a tray and handed it to him in bed. He rewarded her with tender kisses trailing down her body, but didn't go further than that. He knew something was up.

She seemed less happier than she usually was, a little less careful as well. When she went to Zuko's room, he eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Zuko, would do you know anything about kidnapped children?"

"I hate to break it to you, Kasumi, but I'm not someone who kidnaps kids, unless you count Aang, but he was different."

"No, I mean.. Do you know anything about my sister?!"

"Your sister..?"

"Well, I haven't seen her in five years, but Azula talked about her. She said she hoped that her sister would rescue her."

"Oh! I think I know what you mean. There was an orphanage we visited on Ruby Hua Island! We saw some kids, but we were mostly there for some girl who just kept crying about you."

"Ruby Hua Island? Let's go, right now."

"What now? You don't want to bring anyone else?"

"No, nobody else. I can't risk anyone's life. Like I said before, let's go right now."

"Sure, fine. It'll be dangerous, but I'm pretty sure we can make it."

"Okay, I'll meet you at the stables in an hour. I'm in my room if you need me."

"Kay."

Sokka ran back to their shared room and sat on their bed. Kasumi walked in and smiled. "Do you need anything?" she asked, putting her knives into her satchel. "I'm going to go on a trip with Zuko, to find Jasmine."

"What I need, is for you to stay!" Sokka gasped. "I'm not letting you get hurt again."

"I'm not going to get hurt, Sokka. Zuko and I can both firebend and protect ourselves. We'll be just fine." she responded, rummaging through the drawers. She found her flared black leggings and an apricot top, so she put it on.

"How do I know you'll be okay? You're just going to go off with Zuko?"

"Sokka, I know you're worried, but I have to do this."

"You said that last time, and then you were imprisoned!"

"And this time I won't be imprisoned."

"Kasumi-"

"It's final, Sokka."

Kasumi had bid goodbye to the Gaang, and was starting to board Appa. Sokka wasn't there. He was busy sulking in his room.

With a yip yip, they were in the sky and heading to Ruby Hua Island. Kasumi was steering Appa, while Zuko fumbled over a map. She took it from him and read it. Sokka had taught her basic map reading skills, so she used those.