CHAPTER 32 | the fall of the earth kingdom

AFTER TWO WEEKS, they had to visit the Earth King. They were presented with secret files with information about everyone in Ba Sing Se. The King gave everyone their files. Toph got a letter from her mother saying that she was in the city, Aang got a scroll from the Eastern Air Temple, while the rest got nothing and Kasumi got an envelope.

There was an intelligence report that interested Sokka and Katara. "A small fleet of Water Tribe ships was protecting the mouth of Chameleon Bay." Katara read.

"That could be dad!" Sokka said.

"..Lead by Hakoda. It is dad!" Katara squealed.

The scroll that Aang got said that a guru could help Aang take the next step in the Avatar journey. He said that he could help him control the Avatar State.

"This is all such big news." Sokka said. He put an arm over Kasumi's shoulder.

"We have to split up." said Katara. "You have to meet this guru, Aang. If we're gonna invade the Fire Nation, you need to be ready."

"Well, if we're going to the Eastern Air Temple, Appa and I can drop you off at Chameleon Bay to see your dad." Aang suggested.

"Someone has to stay here with the Earth King and help him plan for the invasion. I guess that's me." Sokka said.

"Sokka, no. You haven't seen your father in years. I'll stay behind, you go with Katara." Kasumi said.

"But you'll be alone. And I don't trust you to be by yourself."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "It'll be fine. I'll be fine. I won't do anything, I promise." He had tears in his eyes, as he ran over to her and lifted her up off the ground.

"I love you so much! You're the best!" he cheered, giving her a tight hug.

"Alright, that's enough." she said. "But thank you."

The goodbyes were the next day

The goodbyes were the next day. Aang was trying to tell Katara about his feelings, when Sokka interrupted him. Kasumi pulled him off the the side, and said her goodbye. "Good luck." she said. "I'll miss you."

He took her hands. "I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"After I visit my dad, may I take you out on a date?"

She hesitated. Akio had told her to go after him, to be with him, but she felt like it was betrayal. No. She was allowed by be happy. Akio even said to go after Sokka.

She nodded. "Okay." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he hopped onto Appa, falling off almost immediately.

"Don't do anything dumb!" he called.

"Your Majesty, there are three female warriors here to see you." A guard said to the Earth King. "They're from the island of Kyoshi."

"That's Suki!" Kasumi exclaimed. "The Kyoshi Warriors are a skilled group of fighters. They're good friends of ours!"