CHAPTER 37 | the runaway

two episodes in one -

AANG HAD TAKEN them to Roku's island. It was bare, covered in ash, with no houses remaining. "There's nothing here." Katara said.

"Yes, there is. An entire village." she pointed out. "Hundreds of houses, all completely buried in ash."

When it was night time, Aang went into the spirit world for something, while the rest of them chucked down sleeping bags and made a fire. "May I say how hot it is that you can make purple fire?" Sokka asked, laughing. "Get it? Hot, because it's fi-"

"I get it, Sokka." Kasumi said, folding up his tunic that he left lying around.

Aang came back from the spirit world the next day, and explained the whole story of Avatar Roku and Firelord Sozin.

"Even after Roku showed him mercy, Sozin betrayed him like that?" Katara asked.

"It's like these people are born bad." Toph said.

Sokka immediately grabbed Kasumi's hand and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"No, that's wrong." Aang said. "I don't think that was the point of what Roku showed me at all."

"What was the point?"

"Roku was just as much Fire Nation as Sozin was, right? If anything, their story proves anyones capable of great good and great evil." said Aang. "Everyone, even the Firlord and the Fire Nation have to be treated like they're worth giving a chance." He turned to face everyone. "And I also think it was about friendships."

"Do you really think friendships can last more than one lifetime?" Toph asked. Everyone joined hands.

"I don't see why not." Aang said.

"Well, scientifically speaking, there's no way to prove that-" Sokka muttered.

"Sokka, just shut up and take my hand." Kasumi instructed. He held her hand and kissed her cheek.

"We'll all meet each other in the Spirit World one day. Okay?" she said.

"Sounds good."

Katara and Toph were both training Aang

Katara and Toph were both training Aang. He had his headband over his eyes, but dodged the rocks Toph sent his way.

"Good joh, Twinkle Toes." Toph said. "Visualise, then attack!" She hurled a rock at Aang, but he dodged it, causing it to hit Katara.

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph." said Katara.

"What's the matter? Can't handle some dirt, Madam Fussy Britches?" Toph scoffed. Katara scowled and sent a wave crashing over her.

"Oh, sorry, did I splash you, Mud Slug?"

The two were wrestling in a literal mud pit. Toph kicked mud into Katara's face, which made her even more mad.