CHAPTER 42 | the boiling rock

KASUMI WAS THROWN into the Royal Prison. It was cold and dark, with little light. During the two weeks she was in there, Azula paid her with daily visits, taunting her.

"The silly, little invasion has failed." Azula told her. "The Avatar will die soon, don't worry." A wicked smile spread across her face. "And I'll personally destroy your Water Tribe peasant for you. He's special to you, isn't that right?"

"I hate you!" Kasumi yelled.

"Oh, Kasumi. All I'm doing is serving my country. Those Water Tribe barbarians committed many crimes against the Fire Nation. They must pay."

"You Fire Nation are the barbarians. Cold blooded murderers, who won't stop for anything." Kasumi spat, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Kasumi, you need to be quiet, I'm being nice to you. In fact, we'll be releasing you, today." said Azula.

"What are you saying?"

"One of our Generals has bought you. General Hishiro."

"Bought?! I'm not some piece of meat!"

"Hush. He heard of your purple firebending and wishes that his children have the ability. You'll be married to him, as his second wife and bear his children."

"I'm only seventeen. I'm not getting married to some random dude."

"General Hishiro is extremely wealthy, and will give you everything you want."

"I refuse! I don't want children with this man!"

"It's not your choice. You shall be transported to the Boiling Rock, and will stay there for some weeks until you meet the General. Be happy, you should be glad you're being freed."

"It's just one cruel fate to another. This is exactly why I hate the Fire Nation."

"Oh, that's too bad." Azula sneered, a triumphant look in her face.

The Boiling Rock was even worse than the Royal Prison

The Boiling Rock was even worse than the Royal Prison. The Warden was an evil man, who treated prisoners like dirt.

Kasumi was given a larger room, though, with a real bed. It was about two times larger than a normal cell, and had a sink and even a desk with a couple of Fire Nation books.

She was treated a little better, since General Hishiro instructed them to do so. Her meals were more nourishing than the others, because she had to stay at a 'desirable weight'. Disgusting, really.

During her time there, she found Suki. She was in there too! They embraced in a warm hug, so happy that they'd found each other. They spent all their yard time together and always ate right next to each other.

Kasumi had told Suki about the failed invasion plan, and about the death of Sokka, Katara and Toph. She broke down into tears while explaining, but Suki comforted her. Aang was all alone now. Poor child.