CHAPTER 39 | two as one

there's smut in this chapter, i've put warnings so you know when to skip.

also, thank you so much for 600 reads! I'm so happy! <33
_________________________________

"THIS IS IT." Sokka said. "The official rendezvous spot for the invasion." It was a grassy and quite peaceful island.

"How did you pick this place?" Toph asked.

"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on a map." Sokka answered. "It's uninhabited and the harbour surrounded by cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place."

"Nice work, Sokka." Katara said. "And we're four days ahead of schedule."

"Four days?!" Aang gasped. "The invasion's in four days!?"

Sokka yawned loudly. "Whatever, that's like, four days from now." He sat behind Kasumi, put his arms around her and placed his chin on top of her head. "Let's just.." He started to snore loudly.

"Let's go to sleep." Kasumi finished. She waited until the three kids fell asleep, to close her eyes. Toph had apologised to her on Appa, and Kasumi had said sorry, as well.

They woke up the next morning go see Aang punching a tree.

"Hey, how long have you been up?" Katara asked.

"A couple hours." Aang answered. "I've got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai."

"There is such a thing as overtraining."

Aang continued to punch the tree. Kasumi got up to get ready and make breakfast, but Sokka pulled her into his lap, as he stared at a map.

"You don't get it, do you?" Aang said to Katara. "My form is bad, I'm sloppy and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics!"

"That's okay, Aang. The eclipse will block all firebending anyway. You don't need to know any." Sokka mentioned. "Plus, it's a stupid element."

Kasumi immediately moved off of Sokka. "Oh, really?"

"No, I didn't mean it like that! It's just that the Fire Nation is bad!"

She laughed and sat back in his lap. "Alright." He kissed her and whispered something in her ear.

"Can you meet me here at night? And bring your swim clothes." he asked, his hand trailing down her back. She shivered slightly.

Hm.. why does Sokka wanna go swimming at night? Whatever, let's just make breakfast, Kasumi thought.

Aang had spent the whole day training, with almost no breaks. Sokka was nowhere to be seen all day. Kasumi had told Aang an old Kyoshi story until he fell asleep. She pressed a soft kiss against his forehead and hugged the sleeping child. His whole body twitched in his sleep. He was definitely nervous.

She packed a white two piece and waited for Sokka at the fire. After a while, he arrived and scooped her up in his arms. He carried her bridal style to a small hot spring, that was close by.

It was a bright blue, like water when used for healing. Petals floated on the surface of the water, gently moving around. Candles were placed around the area, making the whole place glow. There were three bedrolls put next to each other to make a large bed and a plate of strawberries.

"This place is beautiful." Kasumi whispered.

"Thanks. I spent all day trying to find the prettiest flowers for it." Sokka said. "Now, I know it's late, but nobody's here, so do you wanna eat some strawberries and go for a swim?"