CHAPTER 36 | mysterious fire man

THE GROUP WAS two days ahead of schedule, so they decided to stop by a water filled crater to swim. The water was warm and releasing, relieving tense muscles. Toph was concerned about Aang's tattoos, which was funny, because she was the only one who couldn't see them.

Katara ensured her that they'd be safe, as there were walls all around them. Kasumi was swimming with Sokka by the waterfall. All the water was warm so she stood under it and washed out her hair. Sokka did the same. Afterwards, he grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him for a kiss. She melted into it, and heard Sokka say, "Ya know, I'm never gonna get used to that."

"Get used to what?"

"Free kisses." He went a soft pink and his eyes widened.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. You go back to the rest, I'll be over soon."

She kissed him on the cheek, and went to join the rest, who we're just happily swimming. The day went on, just sitting and relaxing, with nothing to do really.

At night time, Kasumi read Shades of Fire to see if she could learn anything new. Sokka had his arms around her and his chin on her head. "Go to sleep." he whispered.

"No, let me finish this first." Kasumi said.

"We have to sleep. We'll only be getting nine hours of sleep, once the schedule starts up again." Sokka replied.

"What's your obsession with that wretched schedule?" she asked. "You love that thing more than you love anyone else in the world."

He chuckled lightly, and wrapped his arms even tighter. "I'm just trying to get us there on time. This is a huge opportunity to defeat the Fire Nation."

"I get that, but we'll be there. You don't have to be so uptight about it."

He dropped his arms and grabbed her face. "Okay fine, for you, I'll stop being so 'uptight about it'. How about that?"

"Perfect." she whispered, and leaned in for a kiss. Honestly, she couldn't get over the fact that she had Sokka. Or the fact that she was finally happy. The Universe had not been kind to her, point proven with Yue and Akio, so it was nice to see a change.

 The Universe had not been kind to her, point proven with Yue and Akio, so it was nice to see a change

The next day, Kasumi woke up early and trained with her new knives. They were surprisingly lightweight, but super sharp and that was good. It was easier to throw them. She loved everything about them, even the handles were pretty. She loved Sokka so much for making some for her. It was a nice thought, and now she had to do something for him.

She had an idea. Back when they were in the Earth Kingdom, they went to Aunt Wu's place. Over there, Sokka completely destroyed their bean curd puffs and Kasumi had promised to make some for him. She never actually got round to doing that, so why not today?

It was around eight in the morning, when she finished training, so she started making the puffs, along with other foods, then. The food was for everyone, but Sokka would be the only one with breakfast in bed, or sleeping bag.

She cooked some bacon with egg on top, and chopped up vegetables with it. She put cheese over it, which melted, but made it better really. For Aang, she fried tofu instead of bacon for him, because, and this may be a shock, the Avatar needed to eat as well, and he was a vegetarian.

Aang really loved that about her. She always considered his vegetarianism and made appropriate meals for him. Everyone else knew about his lifestyle choice, but they didn't really think about it that much, however Kasumi would always make something that he was able to eat.

He woke up to a heavenly smell, and ran outside. Kasumi was there turning a piece of tofu around in a pan, humming to herself. She saw Aang and gave him a hug. "Hey, love! I fried bacon and eggs, but I also fried tofu and eggs in a separate pan, so that you'd have a similar meal."

"Oooh, it smells good." he sighed. She put out the fire and gave Aang a heaping plate. "I can't eat all of that!"

"Yes you can." Kasumi insisted. "You're growing and you need your energy. Watch, you'll eat it all."

True to Kasumi's words, Aang finished his whole plate, rubbing his stomach when he was done. Toph and Katara had woken up, but Sokka had not. She handed them their big portions of food and placed Sokka's food on a tray, with his curd puffs.

She walked to their shared area to find him just waking up. "It smells good." he murmured, rubbing his eyes.

"That's because I was cooking. This is for you." she said, placing the tray on Sokka's lap. He sighed happily and ate the food, staring at his bc girlfriend. How did I managed to pull someone like this? he thought.

She was thinking the same thing, really. How did she get a boyfriend like Sokka? A boy that would literally die for her. She'd make sure that it wasn't going to happen again.

"You're literally the girl of my dreams." he said.

When he finished the food, he brushed his teeth and came back to their little area, feeling refreshed and super happy.

He grabbed Kasumi by the hips and ran his hands up and down her body as they kissed. He pulled off his shirt and he slowly pressed her up against the floor.

They continued to make out and she took off her own shirt. Sokka practically fainted at the sight. Yes, she wasn't fully unclothed and her chest was still covered, but she looked so beautiful. His hands touched her bare skin, making her shiver.

She sat in his lap and kissed him, feeling him rise underneath her. She caressed his face. "I love you." He kissed her softly and watched as she put on her new Fire Nation outfit. He did the same, still trying to take in what had just happened. Heat rose to his cheeks just at the thought.

Outside, they acted like nothing happened. Sokka saw Toph with a sour look on her face and asked what was wrong.

"Oh nothing.. Just that I can see everything." she muttered, her arm crossed. Sokka and Kasumi both looked at each other and blushed. "Gross." Toph's tone changed to more serious, as she placed her hand on the ground. "Guys, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but it feels like a metal man is coming."

High up, a man wearing metal boots stood above them. He had some weird third eye on his head that spurted out fire. He took a deep breath and made an explosion. Katara quickly killed it, with waterbending, making the whole place steam up. "This is crazy! How can we beat a guy who blows things up with his mind?!" Sokka yelled.

"We can. Jump on Appa, I'll try to distract him!" Aang said, running around to chase the man away. The man pursued him, almost killing him twice. Aang shot up into the sky, and landed straight onto Appa and into Katara's arms.

"I'm okay." he sighed.

"Well, that was random." Toph said.

"I don't think so." Katara replied. "I get the feeling he knows who we are."

"So how are we gonna deal with this mysterious fire man?" Sokka asked.

"We evade him. He's too powerful." Kasumi responded.

Great. Another thing to worry about.