CHAPTER 34 | flameo, hotman!

AANG HAD WOKEN up a week ago. He had a moment when he wanted to leave and fight, but he soon came to his senses. Sokka had tegan full ability to walk properly, as well. They had to part with the others, knowing they'd meet again on the Day of Black Sun, when the solar eclipse would take place.

The Gaang had to venture into to the Fire Nation. It was dangerous, but doable. They settled in a large cave, dark, empty and dusty.

"Well, this is it." Sokka said. "This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave.. after cave.. after cave.."

"Sokka, we don't need to become cave people." Katara said. "What we need is some new clothes!"

"Yeah." Aang agreed. "Blending in is better than hiding out. If we get Fire Nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave!"

"Plus, they have real food out there." Toph added. "Does anyone wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave hoppers?" She slammed her fist against the wall, causing cave hoppers to fall down. Momo grabbed one and started munching on it.

"Let's get some new clothes." Sokka said. They snuck into the yard of a house, which had lines of clothes hung out to dry. They hid behind a rock, watching the clothes.

"I don't know about this." Aang said. "These clothes belong to someday."

"I call the silk robe!" Katara hollered and grabbed something off the lines.

"The two piece is mine!" Kasumi shouted and tore the pieces of clothing off the line.

She wore a red silk top, with a sweetheart neckline and flared sleeves, and a matching skirt that hit her mid thigh. She also put bracelets Akio had gifted her. Simple, but cute. The white hairs were tucked behind her ear, out of view.

"You look.." Sokka sighed, looking at his new girlfriend.. "...So pretty.."

Aang had a headband on, concealing his tattoo.

"How do I look?" Katara asked. She looked adorable. She wore a red crop top, with a flowy long skirt. Aang blushed at her beauty.

"Your mom's necklace." Aang pointed out.

"Oh, yeah.. I guess it's pretty obviously Water Tribe, isn't it?" she said sadly, taking off the necklace.

They went to buy some accessories. Katara got a necklace, Toph got a headband and Sokka got a Fire Nation tie for his hair. Kasumi bought a golden necklace that matches her bracelets.

"You look beautiful." Sokka said and gave her a kiss.

"Didn't you already say that?" Kasumi laughed. "But you look beautiful too." She grabbed his face and kissed him back. He pulled away and blushed very red.

"His heart rate's going up.." Toph giggled.

"Thank you, Toph." she laughed, and took his arm.

"I used to visit my friend Kuzon here a hundred years ago. So everyone just follow my lead and stay cool." Aang instructed. "Or as they say in the Fire Nation, stay flamin'."

Kasumi cringed, but followed Aang. Sokka picked out a restaurant, that served steaks and kebabs.

"Oh, we're going to a meat place?" Aang asked.

"Come on, Aang. Everyone here eats meat. Even the meat!" Sokka said, pointing at a cow munching on a steak. Aang shuddered.

"You guys go ahead." he said. "I'll just get some lettuce out of the garbage."

"What, no!" Kasumi exclaimed. "I'll eat with them, and then I'll make you something back at the cave."

They went inside the restaurant and ordered skewers. Kasumi couldn't finish hers, so Sokka ate them himself.