CHAPTER 46 | the ember island players

thank you so much for 800 reads and 200 votes! :))
btw thanks for being on this journey, we're close to the end and I'm kinda dreading it!
_________________________________

ZUKO AND KATARA had gone on the trip. Aang reminded Katara to let her anger out and then let it go, to forgive the man. It was going to be hard, but it was possible.

They came back a day later, and the group all decided to go to Ember Island. Zuko said that they could stay in the house he used to stay in, while he was there. Jasmine was hesitant at first. Kasumi was worried that people might find them, but Zuko said that nobody stepped foot in that house after his mother disappeared, which was around six years ago.

Kasumi almost broke down into tears. Akio had told her once about how he wanted to visit this island. Sokka saw her sad expression and asked what was wrong.

"Akio wanted to come here. He wanted to see this place." she murmured, wiping the tears that had slipped out of her eyes.

Sokka brushed them away and titled her head up, so that she had direct eye contact with him. "You can go to the places he wanted to see, in his honour." he said, letting her fall into his arms.

"I miss him a lot." she whispered. "And Yue."

"It must be hard." he replied, kissing the top of her head. "But you have to live on. I'm always going to miss my mother, and a part of me will always be with.. Kanuuq. Things like that don't go away. I understand that you're sad. You loved them both so much."

"Oh, Sokka." she sighed. "You're such an amazing person."

"I know! Now listen, there's a play about us!" he exclaimed. "I was in town, and I found this poster." He dug into his pocket and pulled out a poster. Aang was in the middle of the poster, with Katara and Sokka on either side. Kasumi was in Sokka's arms like some damsel in distress, and Zuko was in the background, his amber eyes watching the four.

"What? How is that possible?" Katara asked.

"Listen to this! The Boy in The Iceberg is a new production from the acclaimed playwright Puan Tin, who scoured the globe, gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se." Sokka read out. "His sources include, singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage. Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players."

"Ugh." Zuko groaned. "My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst The Dragons every year."

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us go attend a play about ourselves?" Katara asked.

"Come on. A day at the theatre? This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Sokka said.

That evening, they dressed up in their Fire Nation clothes again and headed to the theatre

That evening, they dressed up in their Fire Nation clothes again and headed to the theatre. Kasumi paid for everyone's tickets. They sat at the very back, high up above the crowd. Aang tried to sit next to Katara, but Zuko sat in the way.