CHAPTER 52 | happiness

KASUMI BECAME PREGNANT again, ten months after she and Sokka had had that talk. They were now twenty two and about to turn twenty three. She was very scared during that pregnancy, scared that something might go wrong and she'd end up with a stillborn again, but everything went smoothly.

Katara delivered her child. Kasumi felt safe, knowing Katara was the one delivering her child. Sokka was also there, absolutely terrified about what could happen to his wife. She was going through so much pain and all he could do was hold her hand and give her words of encouragement. She clamped down on his hand, letting out screams of agony and cussing a lot. His hand was hurting, and he couldn't even begin to imagine the pain Kasumi was feeling.

After many, long, painstaking hours of labour, a baby girl was born. She had Kasumi's amber eyes and Sokka's dark brown hair. To their surprise, she was a waterbender, but Sokka did have the genes to pass that trait on.

They named their baby Amaya, meaning night rain. Kasumi just thought the name was pretty, and was quite pleased to find out that it matched with her bending. Amaya spent a lot of time with her Aunt Katara, and her little cousin Kya, once she was born.

When Sokka and Kasumi were both twenty five, they had another child. It was a little boy. His name was Kaji, meaning blaze. He was a firebender. Sokka spent a lot of time with his two kids, teaching them his non bending skills. Once Bumi, Aang and Katara's child, was born he felt like he had a duty to teach his nephew non bending skills as well. They would have training sessions together.

During their late twenties, Kasumi got pregnant again. She gave birth to twins later in the year, a boy and a girl. The girl was a earthbender, which was unusual, but sorta made sense since Kasumi's father was an earthbender, whilst the boy was a non bender. The girl was called Daichi, meaning earth, and the boy was called Isamu, meaning courage.

She got pregnant one last time, when she was thirty five, to another pair of twins. The boy was a waterbender and the girl was a non bender. The boy was called Hakoda, and the girl was called Ju, after their grandparents.

The family moved into a bigger house and always visited their family and friends across the world. The kids was often see their grandmother Ju and grandfather Hakoda, who had both moved to Republic City.

They'd also see Zuko, Mai and their child, Izumi, a lot, but not as much as they saw Toph's kids, Lin and Su Yin, as well as Katara and Aang's kids, Bumi, Kya and Tenzin. Their aunt Jasmine would see them a lot as well, always bringing them gifts. Jasmine had her own kid, little Hei, named after her father.

Sokka had gotten tattoos all over his arms, waves swirling around with his children's names hidden in them. Kasumi held his hand and he got the tattoos, and again when he got one of his back. It was the same symbols that were on her betrothal necklace.

She had stayed close with Suki. They were always together, that most people thought that they were sisters, which was funny, since they did not look alike one bit.

Everyday, Sokka fell in love with his wife again. He'd find beauty in even the smallest actions she did, like putting flowers in a vase or tying up her hair. He'd melt every time she had a speech during council meetings. She looked so powerful talking like that, her arms crossed as she discussed the topic.

They stayed together throughout the years. Kasumi had comforted him, when his father passed away, even though deep down she missed him a lot too, and he had been there for her, when her mother died. Losing Ju was the same as losing Hakoda. They were both parental figures for the two of them, and it hurt to see them go.

It was a good thing they got to see their grandchildren, and even one great grandchild before they left the world. Amaya was quite disobedient, when she was younger and had gotten pregnant at seventeen years old. Kasumi and Sokka were both stressed, but they still supported their daughter and welcomed her baby to the world.

Kaji had two kids, one being a firebender and one being a non bender. Daichi adopted a child with her wife, Sima. Isamu had three, two boys and one girl. He loved the idea of an big family. Hakoda had one boy with his wife and Ju had twin girls.

Aang died at around the mere age of sixty. He still could've lived another twenty years. It was the time he spent in that iceberg, it drained his life energy and had finally caught up to him after all these years. He never got to see his grandkids.

Soon after, little baby Korra, the new Avatar, was born. An anarchy group called the Red Lotus tried to kidnap Korra and the old Gaang was there to stop them. Of course, they were past their prime, but they managed to stop them at a hefty cost.

Sokka had died protecting young Korra. This completely shattered Kasumi, but one little thing comforted her. She had once said that they'd meet again in the Spirit World. Hopefully, this was true.

She passed away ten years after Sokka died, surrounded by her remaining friends and family. The world went white and she rose in the Spirit World. Sokka helped her up. He looked young, in his twenties, and she realised she looked like she was in her twenties as well.

Heia would pay Kasumi visits in the Spirit World. The couple had found lots of people in the Spirit World, Ju, Hakoda, Rora, Kya, Aang, and Iroh, even Akio and Yue. They lived among the spirits, happily.

They had reunited once more.. And this time there was no fear of death looming over them, just pure serenity and peace... Forever.

Sokka and Kasumi were opposites. One was an obnoxious and arrogant warrior, at first, and the other was a secretive, but kind firebender. One had despised the Fire Nation, and the other was part Fire Nation. Despite their differences, they found love and created a beautiful family, which would go on for generations carrying on their legacy.

There were many obstacles along the way, but they managed to work through them all. Kasumi was the smoke and Sokka was the frost. They both slowly killed you, but you only realised, when it was too late. That's what they were. A deadly pair, yet beautiful pair.

Smoke and frost.