Prologue

Hai! I hope you're having a great day :D Please check the message on my stream if you haven't already, especially if you have discord and/or are looking for friends :)

This happens 1 hour after the final fight of taking down the egg, mentioned in the epilogue of the previous book :)

TW: Mentions of d3@th, talk of bl00d(not in a gor-ish way though) and a bl@d3

Starting off strong, writing this on my phone while on the bus lol

The room was still.

A large contrast to what it was an hour ago, where roughly 10 people stood, fighting roughly against each other. Before, there was shouting, action, people running quickly as an omniscient egg yelled orders at it's followers.

Now, these people were off celebrating their victory, leaving the room in shambles. There was no noise, no movement besides the soft bubbling of the lava pools. No one could hear the egg anymore, it was silent as well. The vines that crawled up the walls and floors lay still against the red walls, it's colours less vibrant.

All life seemed to be gone.

That's what they wanted them to think.

Out of the corner, a vine shifted slightly. After another moment of utter silence, a figure burst through the vine, sword in hand as chunks of vines flew apart. He breathed heavily, sweat dripping down his head as he recollected himself.

Taking one last deep breath, he stood up straight, breathing normal as he strode his way over the shrivelling lumps of vines around him majestically, his sword being dragged across the floor.

He continued his walk slowly, silently, to the centre of the large underground hide out. He stopped at the middle.

Just in front of a corpse.

The corpse had a black body suit, white stripes and patterns along the sleeves and front. His hood was pulled over his head, a small tuft of black hair could be seen. A set of horns were poking out of his head and a tail wrapped around his leg.

The corpse lay there lifelessly, the body curled around it's stomach where a sword was stabbed through their chest, straight through the heart and sticking out of his back covered in blood. The dead person's clothing was slightly coated in blood, the body itself laying in a dried puddle of blood. Dried tears mixed with blood left marks down his cheeks from his open, lifeless eyes, staring into the void.

The figure kicked the corpse lightly with his foot, nudging him. When he got no response, he frowned.

"He really killed himself?" He called out to the empty room.

There was a moment of silence before a quiet response was given. "Yes."

"Was that part of the plan?"

"No." The voice hissed disappointedly. "He was supposed to go 'down' with me in the explosion."

"That wasn't part of the plan either." He recalled, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

"It was a shame we had to retreat to hiding. Unfortunately Puffy and Velvet and them are just stronger." The voice sighed. "But all for the best. More time to plan our next move."

"And regenerate."

"Hm." The voice grunted. "No."

"Don't pretend. You may be stronger than they think but even you would get hurt from an explosion like that. I can sense it. You're weak now."

The voice didn't respond.

"I won't leave you, don't worry. With you, in this room, I feel a sense of... comfort." He looked around. "Like I've been here before, like this is home. Whenever I'm with you it feels like that."