Chapter 16

FINALLY MADE IT HALFWAY THROUGH THIS BOOK WOOOO

In other news, hi! How are y'all's days going? Hope you're doing good :)

I'm really happy now my crush talked to me after a long time of just not- and now I is panicking- But so happy at the same time-

Also I figured out how to spelt panicking instinctively now ay- I am a writer who had 13 years of English this should not be as big of an accomplishment as it is- BUT IT IS SO WHATEVER-

Ok let's start! This chapter was honestly supposed to be part of the last chapter but the last chapter ended longer than I thought so- :^ Here we go! Feel free to comment! :]

TW: ...I don't think there are any? Um-

"Puffy are you insane?! We're not going to let you do that!" Ant hissed, eyes wide in shock at her suggestion. "What's wrong with you, you don't give up that easily?"

"Ant, it's the only possibly result from this." Puffy said. Ant could hear how much she thought this through in her voice alone. "The egg knows this as well. We have no choice. They've checkmated us."

"No no no, so maybe the stairs is closed off, but we can find another way out, we can-" Ant said frantically, coming up with as many ways as he could.

"Ant." Puffy said firmly, calmly. "Look, even the vines stopped. They know they've won. There's nothing we can do can do anymore. The only choice if you, Red and Callum are going to get out of here is if I sacrifice myself."

"Puffy there has to be something." Ant cried. "We can't- we can't lose you again. You went through enough-" Ant stammered.

"Ant. Think about it." Puffy said grimly.

Ant stopped and looked down. He knows she's right. The egg's cornered the two of them, and possibly Red and Callum back in the egg room. It really thought it through, there was no chance on escaping.

The egg was too powerful by now... and it knows it. They know it.

"But we can't..." Ant sighed. "What do we do now then? We're not going to be able to do it without you-"

"Yes you can. Between Red's wits and your fighting skills, you can almost be as good as me." Puffy said smugly. Ant snickered in return, but knew both of them were still scared and hesitant.

Of course, who wouldn't be.

"Seriously though Puffy, what are we going to do?" Ant leaned against the wall. "I mean, even if you sacrifice yourself... it's not like the three of them have a way out."

"You can just-" Puffy paused, looking at the vines. No rustling. "You can use your trident to get out the hole to Ponk's home. Drop a ladder, and while they crawl out, I'll... you know... to keep the egg busy. Once you're out of the egg's territory, it's harder for it to use its vines to stop you." The vines still didn't move.

"They're ok with this..." Ant muttered.

"Yeah. They can't get all of us. And not going to lie, they basically already got me." Puffy bit her lip.

"What?" Ant blinked at her.

"My mind's fogged, you know that. But I guess... I guess that voice in my head protected me from the egg... and now the egg has kind of like... shot it out? It's just... the egg now. Maybe I was corrupted the whole time. I barely have enough mind strength to fight it off." Puffy said quietly. She shrugged it off. "So all that's left is the main dedication ritua- the main corruption."

"Oh..." Ant breathed out. "So we should go soon."

"Yep." Puffy looked to her right at the vines once more. "The egg's okay with that." Puffy tilted her head. "But she's not sending a message to the other Eggpire members..."