Chapter 14

I've reached the meme number chapter <3

Anyways, helloooo

Happy labour day to the people who- have that-?(Wait is it international...?(Mostly apparently)) Uh- yeah- :D

Unrelated but ever day I slowly fall more and more into the world of Hermitcraft and especially their fandom, and it's just like- THEY'RE ALMOST ALL RESPECTFUL OF STUFF- WHY CAN'T DSMP COMMUNITY BE LIKE THAT- AAAAAAAAA

Ok let's starttt(again, no idea what I'm doing here...)

"Hold on, what exactly did Niki say?" Callum asked as the three of them entered the mansion, walking towards the library.

"She called me and just hurriedly said she was sorry, and that she was leaving. She said that Puffy needs help that's not her and hung up before I could say anything else." Red explained, walking determinedly.

"What?" Ant said in shock. "That's not like Niki."

"Well none of this is like Puffy either." Red said bitterly, reaching the library at the back of the mansion. Red attempted  to open the door but the handle wouldn't budge. "What the- it won't move!" Red yelled.

"Wait let me see." Callum said, leaning down in an attempt to twist it open.

"Puffy?" Red tried, knocking on the door. "It's us, let us in!"

They got no vocal response besides a couple of thuds and loud shuffling from the other side of the door.

"It's not locked, something's just blocking it." Callum sighed, backing away.

"Let me try." Ant took out his sword, jamming it into the handle. With a forceful twist, the handle popped right off. Ant stuck his paw inside the hole as much as he could and pulled it open roughly, the door nearly falling off it's hinges.

"Well that worked." Callum said with surprise.

"You learn a thing or two after living here for as long as I did." Ant shrugged.

Red entered the room first, light kicking a chair to the side that was blocking their way. Ant entered right after and repressed a gasp from the sight of the room.

It was in shambles. Books and papers were ripped in unorderly piles around the room, covering the tables and chairs. Some of the bookshelves had markings all over them, if not tipped over on the ground. The candles that were hung on the walls were tilted or had burned out a long time ago, the only light from the wall length window of the furthest wall of the room. Ant assumed the room would be practically pitch black at night time.

"What the hell.." Red muttered underneath his breath.

"Some library." Callum snorted quietly.

"Bad and Skeppy made this originally to perfection. What happened?" Ant said, fear laced in his voice.

"Puffy?" Red said suddenly, causing Ant and Callum to look ahead. Puffy sat on the floor, one leg extended the other bent to support her arm. Her hair was messy, ears down. Her clothes were all wrinkled and dark circles surrounded her eyes. Her skin was pale, paler than usual and her breathing was harsh and uneven. She had a book spread on her lap, her other hand flicking the tip of the page. "Are you-"

"I thought he- I told you to stay away." Puffy huffed out, her eyes trained on them with a frustrated expression.

"Yeah, well we told you to take care of yourself and it seems like-" Red started again.

"No." Puffy growled. "Not until he remembers it all."

"He's not a good person Puffy, he's using you." Ant spoke up, remembering what he heard in her mind.