Chapter 10

Heyo, it's me again :)

So as you know, yesterday's ending was a disaster.

That does mean that for this chapter- I have no idea what to do for the beginning :^ So I'm expecting that to be... random as heck don't mind me :)

Also I decided to start to slowly drag back characters from the first book because I miss them. That's it.

TW: Small menions of murder(it's kinda pathetic ngl)

Ok let's start :)

"We're going to have to do something today Ant." Red said softly, still rubbing small circles on Ant's back who lay curled up in a ball on Red's lap on the sofa by the window. "As much as it'd be nice to cuddle all day, we now have stuff to do."

"Ten more minutes..." Ant murmured tiredly into his chest, inhaling his scent.

"Alright." Red chuckled and leant forward, grabbing his phone off the coffee table. "Hm."

"What?" Ant asked.

"Puffy knew Skeppy was alive." Red hummed. "I told Niki to tell her as another attempt but Puffy knew already."

"Hm." Ant said thoughtfully. The voice in Puffy's head... did he know? Dang it I wish I knew his name, then maybe I could find out for myself. Maybe I can figure it out... Ant's gaze landed on the gem on his bedside table.

When you gonna tell Red? He's still wary you know, he notices it. It's always ticking in the back of his head. It's rather annoying.

Stop, let me enjoy this... Ant shook the thought away.

"Ponk's helping Callum find a home and showing him around the SMP." Red added, scanning his phone. "So really, it's just us."

"Wanna go try Puffy again then?" Ant asked, looking up at him. Red thought about it for a moment.

"Y'know, Skeppy being back reminds me of the first time we had to do this." Red said. "How big of a friend group we had. Now, it's basically only you, me and Ponk, possibly Callum but we don't know yet."

"What's your point?" Ant said, sitting up on his lap to look at him better. Red brought his hand up, petting Ant softly as he answered.

"Thought we can maybe reconnect with everyone." Red shrugged. "I know, it'll be different but-"

"I get it. Let's do it." Ant smiled, standing up.

"Really?" Red tilted his head.

"Yeah, hey they might be able to help us. We still can't help Hannah since we don't even have any idea where the egg's hiding her." Ant sighed.

"Alright, who you wanna find?" Red asked. "I wanna try Quackity. He can't be as bad as Puff said right?"

Ant thought for a moment. "I think we should split, just for this." Red nodded. "You go and find Quackity, I have a few ideas."

"You sure?" Red said sceptically.

"Trust me on this?" Ant pleaded. "Please Red?"

Red sighed. "You know I don't really like this. The secrets..."

"I'm sorry." Ant said quietly.

"But fine." Red grabbed his bag and gave him a quick peck on his cheek. "I'm off, keep me updated as much as you can alright? If you don't hear me from twenty four hours, come find me in Las Nevadas."

"Alright." Ant smiled at him. And with that, Red was gone. Ant waited a moment before  jumping onto their bed and grabbing the gem off the bedside table. He clutched it in his paw and sat with his legs crossed in the middle of the bed. "Okay, time to see if this really works." Ant took a deep breath. Who to do first... "Ponk." Ant decided.