Chapter 22

Heyyy ;)

Idk where that came from alr then-

Anyhoo, how are you guys doing?

I've been sick for a while, and I realize I did not tell anyone online that, which is weird for me because I tell either you guys or friends on discord like everything-

So that's been fun-

And then guess what, another friend found out I have Wattpad woo- so more panik :D

(Btw, I was trying to come up with what I could do for this chapter and all I could think was "It's about time to stab someone else right?" I don't plan to tho-)

Let's start :D

(I forget to write TW a lot so tell me if you find anything!)

"Wha- no- no wait- wait what?" Ant stammered, steadying himself to stare at Red. "No wait-"

"Hm." Skeppy hummed, overlapping Ant. "How do we know you're not lying?"

Red reached his hand in his pocket before sighing. He took it out, tossing it to Ant who fumbled it in shock before he properly caught it between his two paws. Red smiled softly before turning back to the egg.

"There. Happy?" Red asked, face determined. A pause.

"Yes." Skeppy responded finally. "The egg is much pleased with your decision. It supposes you would have... other accommodations?"

"As it should see." Red nodded. Hesitation. "Are they all... possible?"

"The egg is willing to bargain." Skeppy says. "The first one though of course..." A quick flick of the wrist and the two suddenly heard a gasp of breath from behind them, a vine retracting towards the egg.

"Oh my god what was that-" Callum coughed out, before seeing the two in front of him. "Um- what did I miss-"

"Red what are you doing?" Ant hissed, grabbing his sleeve and turning the other to him. "Are you insane?"

"Ant, I'm sorry it's just-" Red sighed. "You're getting hurt Ant." Red hung his hands on the side of Ant's arms.

"You falling to the egg won't help." Ant scoffed, hurt in his voice. "We need you, or else-" He couldn't bring himself to finish. But he knew Red knew what he meant.

I can't do this without you. Please. I'm falling apart as it is, I can't do this without you. Don't leave me... don't leave me behind, please please...

"You'll be okay." Red said with slightly glossy eyes. He was doing much better than Ant, that he knew, tears were already rolling down his cheeks. "Look, I thought it through already, I can bargain a good enough deal for you and Callum to save us I just-"

"No... no I won't... Red-" Ant pleaded.

"Velvet... you can't-" Callum said, picking up on the discussion. "Velvet there has to be some other way of doing this."

"No, no this is Puffy all over again! We can't lose you for our escape, please." Ant cried. "Red listen to us you can't- we can't lose you, I can't lose you, not again, please- I'm gonna lose it all without you-"

You have an anchor. But like all anchors, we can reel them up too.

The egg's target was Red the whole time.

"Red this is exactly what the egg wants don't let it-" Ant tried.

"And just like Puffy... the egg won." Red said sadly. "I'm sorry Ant I just-" His voice dropped to a whisper. "I love you too much to see you go through on that mental and physical pain again. I'm weak I know but Ant please- just get out of here and try." The tears that were welling up in his eyes were starting to drip.