Chapter 18

Hi, it is I :D

I had a long rant but it ended up being like over 500 words and we're not starting a chapter with 500 words...

So I copy pasted it somewhere else and we're going to forget abt that- lol-

On an irrelevant note, MCC was recently and I forgot- Remeber I wanted to do that one shot? I'm going to do that later soon, bc I'm feeling impulsive but priorities on this book ofc :D

Also- I've noticed like I don't have as much commenters as before, and I know that's just me being needy but again, friendly reminder, I'd love to hear from you guys and feedback you have for me :] No pressure ofc but yeah- I'd love to talk! <3

Also also-

OK I ALMOST STARTED TO RANT ABT A PREVIOUS TOPIC AGAIN LOL-

TW: Brief implied st@bb!ng at the end if you pick up on it :3

Enjoy guys :]

"Hey, wake up." Ant felt a soft kick to the ribs and groaned, hearing a matching one ring in the air next to him. He slowly pried his eyes open, fluttering at the bright light that felt like it was burning him alive. "Come on, hurry up, I'm getting bored." He sat up, using his arms to help support him. As his right paw was pressed up, his left paw coming up to tiredly rub his eye.

Slowly, the world around him started to fully sink in, processing what was happening. He was in the forest, sitting up on the grass. On his right, there was the remains of a small campfire, smoke rising from the ash. Near his feet was another figure, someone's head covered by his sleeve, clearly attempting to shield himself from the sun that was now just rising over the trees. On the right of the campfire was Red, standing above them.

"How long were you up?" Ant snorted, stretching his arms as he picked himself up. They slept in the forest that night, discovering a pleasant clearing on their way back to their home from Fundy's place. They hoped to find something that may aid them in this unknown area.

Probably not, but couldn't hurt to try.

"Since the sun came up." Red shrugged. He turned back to Callum. "Callum, let's go, we wanna help Ponk and them no?"

"Ngh... Ponk would want us to sleep." Callum grunted, slowly sitting up. "But fine."

"It's like 8 am." Red commented.

"8?!" Callum groaned, throwing his paws over his eyes and plopping back on the soft grass. "That's so early!"

"Well I've been waiting for you since roughly 5, for three hours." Red snickered. "So get up." He added, kicking him again, a little more harshly.

"Fine..." Callum muttered. "But not on an empty stomach." He sat up, looking at Red with agitated eyes.

"Of course, what do you think I did for three hours?" Red gave them some neatly wrapped sandwiches with eggs, cheese, and ham.(I'm hungry- ;-;) Callum took it eagerly, unwrapping it and immediately chomping away on it.

"Well, probably take a scout of the land." Ant replied, taking a sandwich.

"I did that too." Red nodded. "No red vines here at all. So that's either because something's here and the egg's scared of it, or unrelated."

"Well either way, we won't have to deal with the egg as much then, as it won't bother us here." Ant said, before taking a bite of the sandwich.

Red stared at him for a bit. "Is it good?"

Before  Ant could reply, Callum aggressively nodded his head through a mouthful of bread, making them laugh in response.

Once they finished their breakfast, they got rid of their traces of their small campsite and set off, travelling around. Red took out the tracking device Niki had made before she left.