Chapter 8

Helu :) I hope you're having a good day!

Also-

GUYS IM SO SORRY- Y'ALL ARE GIVING ME SO MUCH MORE SUPPORT THAN I COULD EVER EXPECT AND I KEEP FORGETTING TO POST AND- AGHHHH IM SORRY :(( I'm a terrible author and I'm trying my best but you guys deserve better... pls forgive me I'm sorry I forgot to post- been busy sorryyyy :( I feel like I don't put as much effort as I should and you guys give me so much support and I'm sorry- I really hate myself for this and idk if this sounds like I'm manipulating you it's not supposed to be again sorry please don't feel that way- I don't want this to be too long and end up being me ranting more than it already it is so sorry-

I'm not exactly recovered(I got COVID sighhh) and sadly this was all my mind was able to come up with today :')

Also Skephalo team won MCC hehehehehe

TW: Slight mentions of violence

- I wrote that yesterday, and published it, but no one saw it luckily so I can finish editing :^

"Well?" Red asked, looking up with a raised eyebrow.

"I just- um-" Ant shook his head slightly. "The egg creates it's thoughts in our heads, thus it's more  like our own thoughts." Ant said, doing quick thinking. "If you can trick yourself it's not there, the egg's thoughts would be silenced."

"Does that really work?" Red cocked his head. Ant winced internally.

"So far?" Ant tried.

Another moment of awkwardness as Ant anxiously waited for Red's response.

"Huh. Alright." Red shrugged. "What do you wanna do about it?"

"Hm?" Ant blinked in shock. 

"Hm?" Red repeated back. "I mean, what should we do about it? Now that you can avoid the egg's voice?"

"Oh- I-" Ant stammered, slightly in disbelief that Red believed him. "I'm not really sure."

"Well, I have a thought." Red suggested. When Ant gave no response, he continued. "We could go down there ourselves..."

"You mean to the egg?" Ant said, surprised. "Isn't that... dangerous?"

"Is it? It can't talk to you, and it never really affected me anyways. We stripped it of it's manipulation powers, it's just the vines." Red prodded.

"But won't it's affect on you be stronger since..." Ant trailed off.

Red sighed. "I know." He said quietly. "But I know Puffy, she can make it." Not with that demon thing in her head but- "And besides, I've dealt with a close one hating me while fighting the egg about that, what do you think happened with you? Quite a similar situation actually."

"Yes I remember." Ant bit his lip. Red grimaced.

"The sword?" Red guessed. Ant nodded, looking down before he felt Red's arms wrap around his shoulders. "It's okay Ant." Ant didn't reply, simply letting himself melt into the hug. "So, do you want to go?" Red asked gently. Ant nodded.

"Yeah, let me just grab some things back at home." Ant said. The two of them finished their walk home, Red going to grab weapons as Ant ran upstairs. He took out some pots quickly before searching around and digging outside some string. He tied it around the small gem creating a loop and pulled it over his head. He looked himself in the mirror, hiding the chain in his hoodie to the best of his abilities till he could barely see it anymore. Perfect. Ant grinned. He went back downstairs where Red stood waiting for him. "Just a little scouting right?"