Chapter 2

Hallo! :) How was/is your day?

Two boys told me there are people(plural-!) who have a crush on me in my class and now that fully sunk in and I'm just like- oh.

Nice :D

And I proceeded to burn myself while making pancakes.

Anyways we're going on with this book- feel free to leave thoughts/comments, I like talking to y'all :] Enjoy!

TW: Mentions of bl@d3 and bl00d, Implied mentions of v!0l3nc3. Uhm- tell me if there are any more pls-

"You're kidding." Ant heard Red reply, disbelief laced in his voice. All Ant could do was stare down at the table with panicked eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes. We think it has something..." Puffy's voice faded away into silence as a wave of black rushed in, wrapping and surrounding Ant. Ant gasped, looking up. He was met with an silence and nothing but an empty void of black.

So. Now you know.

Ant's heart was pounding loudly in his chest, beads of sweat running down his head.

You're so nervous. It chuckled. A presence felt like it whisked up behind Antfrost, sending shivers down his spine. I can... fix that. It'd be like the old days.

An image- or better, memory- of himself with red eyes and clenching a blade dripping with blood with that sadistic smile flashed through his mind. Except that wasn't him. Not anymore, and never again.

"Leave me alone." Ant whispered into the air, clenching his eyes shut. He felt frozen in place.

He heard the soft hiss of disappointment near his ear, snaking it's way towards him in the darkness. He felt it's breath against his fur, and-

"ANT!" Ant blinked back to the normal world, the blackness fading away along with the creature with a strong shake of his shoulders. He looked up at Red and Puffy who both watched him concerned. "Are you ok?" Red asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Ye- yeah." Ant stammered, rolling his shoulders so that Red's hands dropped. "Just- just thinking."

"You didn't seem like you were listening to anything we were saying and you suddenly whispered 'leave me alone'." Red explained. "Are you sure?"

"Um-" Ant started, unsure if he should tell them or not.

"It was the egg wasn't it?" Puffy said suddenly. Red looked at her and back at him with more worry.

"Ant?"

"Yeah..." Ant said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. He turned to Puffy. "How did you know?"

"Ponk and Hannah had the same thing happen to them. So did-" Puffy paused. "So did I."

"So..." Red said, thinking it over. "All the previous egg members. No matter how long ago you left."

"Why? Why us?" Ant said, shifting uncomfortably.

"I think it might be because it knows we're weaker to it. We're more scared of it than other people because we lived through it. Plus, it knows our weak spots. It wormed in once, it knows how to worm in again." Puffy shivered. "It's been so long since I heard it's voice... and it's a 1000x more dreadful than I remember."

"Sheesh." Red winced.

"So the others did too?" Ant prodded. "Can we talk with them about this?"

"Of course." Puffy nodded. "We were all supposed to meet here to greet you on your return."