Chapter 13

Helu :D First time posting on a weekend pog!

(For the people who were wondering, yes I deleted the original version of this, just bc the intro was too long and it would just look random to future readers so :^)

But yeah, I'm back, and brain is completely obssessed with Sam and Fran's relationship now- I want a dog ;-;(I already have too cats but still(lol)) Ok let's start! :D

If there's TWs, please tell me because I forget half the time :^

"The egg has fully regained it's strength now, maybe even better than before." Skeppy began. "It, however, is still missing something."

"Me?" Ant raised a brow.

"Skeppy and Bad weren't the only ones who became fully dedicated the first time..." Hannah murmured.

Fully dedicated...? Oh... the corruption in egg terms... Ant winced at the memory.

"And?" He said, brushing it off.

"In order to fully fall into the egg, the egg has to plant a bit of itself in it's follower's soul." Ponk explained. "And when Velvet brought you out..."

"It's still part of  you." Skeppy continued. "When you fall back for the egg again,  you'll be fully dedicated because it's still there." Ant suppressed a shiver. "The egg needs that part of itself back. It needs you to go back so that it can control that part of itself. Then, it'll truly be at it's full power." Skeppy finished the last thought with a malicious smile.

Ant bit back a scoff. "What's in it for me?"

"Hm?" Skeppy tilted his head.

"It's a negotiation no?" Ant said, nodding over at Hannah. "That's at least what she said earlier. What are you promising me that you think I'll give up everything? Just for some stupid egg."

Hannah gasped in offense. "The egg is not stupid! It's wiser, it sees things that we can't yet see in our mortal vision. It has plans, plans for all of us to make it better. Which you'd understand if you wouldn't be so selfish and would listen to it once more." She snapped.

Ant narrowed his eyes at her. 'Selfish'?? Hannah what the-

No. It's not her fault. Don't snap Ant. Ant took a deep breath. Before he could say anything back, Skeppy spoke up first.

"Hannah, relax." Skeppy said, still surprisingly calm. "Ant has yet to understand it." Hannah huffed. Skeppy turned back to Ant. Skeppy's acting completely different... "You have a good point. We did have a few thoughts."

"I'm curious." Ant shrugged. "Shoot." Besides, nothing else I can do while I come up with a plan to escape. He knew he could probably knock out Hannah and Ponk without severely hurting them, but he's not risking it with Skeppy; he has no idea how well he does in combat now. He had to think of something else.

"We won't touch Velvet at all." Ponk slipped in. Ant froze, looking at Skeppy who hummed in agreement.

"We'll leave him out of our plan." Skeppy said. "He attacks us, we flee, won't touch him at all. The egg itself promises not to manipulate him, stay out of his mind. No finger will be laid on your husband, ever."

"You think that's going to work?" Ant suppressed the shakiness in his voice. Can't fall now right? Can't let them see how much power they have... "Red is stronger than that."

"Either that or we can target him more~" Hannah added singsongy. Ant spun around to glare at her.

"You wouldn't." Ant hissed, his tail lashing dangerously.