Chapter 7

Hihi! I've been trying to edit the first book and wheee idk- you can see me rambling abt it in my stream lol-

Also- my writing gets progressively worse and worse since the beginning of this book- like I was genuinely proud of the prologue and now... now it's just fanfiction-

Y'know what I mean? It was like more professional-

But I also miss the first book. Reading it over it was more fanfiction-y buttttt it was so cute and funny and now it's just so cringe- idk how to fix it either.

Aaaa let's get to it- idek what I'm gonna do for it so let's see-

"Puffy what are you doing?!" Ponk exclaimed, seeing what was happening with the three of them, Niki also gasping in shock.

"What are you doing here?" Puffy growled, ignoring the question. Ant's brain stopped fizzing as he clutched his bag, noticing that Puffy looked almost the same except for something colder in her eyes. They twitched every so slightly, and her breathing was more ragged compared to before.

Niki was right; something was wrong with her.

"Puffy... put down the sword." Red said cautiously. He tipped it down with his index finger gently, Puffy giving him a tired frown as he did so. "Puffy... we're here for you. You need help."

"No, you guys can go play, I've got this, don't worry, just leave me alone." Puffy hissed. "I've got this."

"Puffy no. You're going insane." Red put a hand on her shoulder which she shook off immediately. "You need help, look at yourself."

"Velvet it's been a day." Puffy sighed. "I can't go crazy in a day."

"It's been technically around 36 hours." Ponk supplied.

"Thanks so much for that Ponk, extremely helpful." Puffy shot sarcastically at the male.

"No problem." Ponk shrugged.

"Point is." Red said, clearing his throat. "Something's wrong with you. You're not... you." Red gestured to her. "You don't act like this ever."

"What did you mean? I'm completely normal." Puffy said blankly. It was obvious she was lying to herself, and they all knew that.

"Puffy... talk to us." Ant pleaded. "Puffy... something's bothering you, we all know it. Just tell us what it is. We're here to listen."

"He's in my mind." Puffy whipered, eyes turning to Ant. "Why is he still there..."

"Who? The egg?" Red asked, concernedly.

Puffy shook her head slightly. "Go away, I need to go back to my studies." Puffy said, pushing at Red weakly. "Please. It'll make me feel better about him."

"Puffy this is ridiculous." Red shook her. "Get your head back into the real world. Focus."

"Red I can't. I promised him. He's still there too." Puffy said, voice quiet. "I don't know why... but I know I can help him. I can help us all. Please Velvet just leave. All of you."

"Puffy we can help you. Who is 'he'?" Ant questioned. "What does he want?"

"He knows the answers. Subconsciously." Puffy muttered, going back to her desk. "If I can find something that can trigger the memories... I can know what to do."

Red sighed. "Kitten, can you get her some tea?" Red said in a hushed voice that he knew only Ant could hear. Ant nodded, leaving the room and into the kitchen as the others bargained, remembering the floor plan like the back of his paw.