Chapter 24

OK BUT GUYS-

THE NEW EGGPIRE LORE AND THE LORE UPDATES FROM BBH I-

I COULD NOT TAKE THIS INFORMATION LITERALLY JUST SCREAMING AND JUMPING AND RUNNING AROUND WITH EXCITEMENT-

I don't want to spoil it for ppl, so on my conversations page, I put 3 links to videos that kinda summarize everything you need to know in the most recent page if you wanna check that out-

BUT I LITERALLY- THE NEW LORE I LOVE IT AND I GET SO OVERSTIMULATED THINKING ABOUT IT MY GOD- ITS BEEN OVER 24 HOURS AND IM STILL- SEND HELP-

ALSO OFFICIAL EGGPIRE FINALE FINALE IS MOST LIKELY THIS SATURDAY ON BBH'S STREAM!! I'LL PROB BE BUSY BC IM BUSY THAT DAY BUT WATCH IT GUYS AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS PLS-

Ok calming down- or trying to-

Enough about DreamSMP, what's up with you guys(lol)?

(Also I changed my plans for this book slightly just to fit with the new lore a little better :^ probably will change it again depending on the finale)

LET US START- I HAVE LITERALLY NO IDEAS FOR THIS CHAPTER WOOO

TW: Mentions of death

Ant couldn't find the power within him to reply. His lip stuttered, moving up and down slightly but nothing came out. His eyes were blown as wide as his mouth, the sight of the ghost completely rendering him frozen.

"Is that not how I- or Bad- used to act?" Halo tilted his head. "I'm not sure who Bad used to be-" He was cut off by Ant suddenly enveloping him in his arms, tears streaming down his face, the ghost frozen at the touch. 

Ant on the other hand, couldn't feel more at home. Even if  the feeling was colder and glowed, the feeling of hugging him felt so familiar. So missed. So longed for. Like it was before.  That's all he wanted.

It felt like a break from all the stresses in his life with the egg, and for once instead of losing things to the Egg, he can meet something or someone the egg took away from him. 

Someone he missed. 

"What are you doing?" Halo's question sent him flying back to reality.

"Sorry..." Ant quickly pulled away fixed his face, wiping the tears with the back of his paw before taking a deep breath. "I just- really needed to do that."

"To Bad, or to me?" Halo asked, somewhat rhetorically, the smile on his face looking more forced for a moment before changing back to that naturally happy one. "C'mon, surely you knew I existed, it's just what happens when someone dies. Why are you so shocked? Didn't want me?" Halo teased instead. 

"There's a difference between knowing something and seeing it yourself." Ant still couldn't fully process who was in front of him. "I knew you existed in the back of my mind, but since I never saw you... I guess I didn't think it through." Halo let out a hum.

"Ah." Halo mused. "It was just a joke don't worry."

"Oh." Was all Ant could manage out. "Where have- why haven't you come to meet any of us?"

"I didn't know who I was, or who I was supposed to be." Halo shrugged. "I didn't want to scare any of you."

"You don't remember anything of your- your- you- his- him- the past life?" Ant said, unsure with his word choice.

"Not quite. Some memories can be triggered though familiar things, but there's still a huge chunk of things I don't remember." Halo regarded him with large, curious eyes. "Bad felt a lot for you. You were easily remembered, along with Skeppy, Ponk and Hannah. You must've meant a lot to him."