Chapter 29

AHAHA YEP I'M PUTTING QUITE A BIT OF EFFORT TO ACTUALLY FINISH THIS BOOK BEFORE THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST ONE-

So yep! It's me again, hope you guys are having a good day :DD

ALSO Y'ALL- BUT SKEPPY'S NEW VIDEO MAKES ME SO FLIPPIN HAPPY OMG- HE WAS SO NICE TO THIS RANDOM KID, HIS TONE OF VOICE, HIS ENERGY AND JUST- THE EDITING IS JUST SO SIMPLE AGAIN- BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY- THE CONTENTTT

It's so comforting to hear Techno's voice again... and I do like it, and yeah- and I think that's cool that he added it :D I also do enjoy the guest appearances from Gogs, Bad and Foosh. Just- eee

Also the kid's reaction is adorable- 

Yes Im a hardcore Skeppy fan, my comfort never streamer 

I made that joke so many times to different people, I forgot if I said it here already- anyways-

LET US BEGINETH! >:D

Aaaa the angst planned for this is making me so excited ehehehe-

"Vel-" Ant's voice was much more shaky than he expected, so he cleared his throat and took a deep but shaky breath. "Vel- Velvet?" He stammered out in disbelief, not willing to say his nickname. 

Velvet tilted his head up slightly, expression the same; bland and dull. He tilted his head, Ant takes that as confirmation.

"You- you look different." Ant managed, swallowing the lump in his throat. Velvet nodded. "Are you- are you okay? Have you been okay? Do you- take care of yourself?" Do you think of me? "What happened? Why haven't you-" Ant took another deep breath. "What's up?" Ant cringed at the question he settled on. Velvet's expression didn't change, simply staring at him.

"I've been lonely." Ant found himself saying. "It's been rough... weird without you. Broken." No reaction. "I miss you every night, you're all that's in my thoughts. I wanted to see you again, whether you were like this or like before." Still, nothing. It was like he was talking to a statue besides the occasional head motions, indicating he was listening. Ant frowned.

That's not Red Ant... Ant reminded himself. Nothing like Red at all.

"How are you?" Ant asked, voice quiet and shy. 

Velvet shrugged, tilting his head side to side. So-so.

"You- the egg's not letting you talk?" It was more of a statement than a question. Velvet nodded. "You're okay with that?" Yet another nod. 

"I miss your voice." Ant tried. Velvet's expression was bland. "I imagine it in my head sometimes you know." Still, the same response. "Please speak." Ant let out, voice cracking. "I don't like the silence..."

Velvet shrugged. 

"Please...?" Ant tried again. "I know you want to, and I want to." Hesitantly, Ant reached forward and clasped Velvet's hands with his own. Velvet didn't retract. "We fought from the egg before, we found each other through it before... please..."

Velvet gently tugged his arm away, replacing it formally behind his back before shaking his head. Ant scoffed.

"That's it?" Ant said, somewhat rhetorically. "That's all you're going to give me? Look I know you're corrupted and things between us aren't supposed to be the same... but can you please just talk? Try?" Velvet shook his head. "Try?" Ant repeated. Again, the same response. Tears began filling Ant's eyes to the brim, already spilling out. "Please..."

Ant suddenly grabbed onto the garment around his shoulders, balling his fists in tight balls. Velvet took a step back, yet if he had any shock, his expression didn't show any sign of it. Tears flowed down rapidly like waterfalls, causing Ant's whole body to shake as he bit back sobs which still managed to escape. The pressure, the pain, it all came crashing down on him. He just wanted a break...