Chapter 23

Hello y'all! :D How are your days going?

I updated my Abt Me page on Wattpad after a long time and it looks quite nice and I am genuinely proud of myself for sitting myself down and doing that :D Yes I'm a little dweeb(is that the right term for this-?)

Also I'm writing this before MCC is ending so idk who won but cheering for Orange Oozes! Was mostly excited bc full iDots team, but Spifey and Skeppy went poof and now it's Ant and Eret- I mean I still love them ofc- yeah :D

I only found that out from friends, this is why sometimes, despite what happens on that app, I want Twitter so I can actually know abt these things when it happens- like I'm always behind by hours, days, weeks- but yeahhhh-

ALSO- ty guys for commenting :] I genuinely love talking to y'all so ye-

I ended a paragraph like that three times already- lol-

Ok let us start :D We are at the angst portion of the book so wheee-

Thump. Thump. Thump.

That was the only noise he could hear. The soft drumming of his own heart which had now calmed after the night fall, and the sun had risen once more for several hours.

Ant doesn't know when Callum left, probably sometime in the morning. He remembers hearing the fox's nervous footsteps which eventually turned to soft snores. What he can't recall is the door opening and closing, as he was left alone in the house.

He doesn't remember falling asleep either but the feeling of being well rested without taking his potion yet told him otherwise.(I'm so inconsistent with the sleeping crap help-)

He was still curled up in a ball on the ground, his back pressed against the bedroom door which led to the rest of the house. His tail was swaying back and forth slightly every now and then, wrapping around his feet. His ears were down, pressed against the sides of his head.

His eyes strained from crying so much, non stop that at one point he had sobbed with no tears. His throat was rough and dry from the constant whimpers, sobs and gasps. His nose twitched and burned slightly as he sniffled, the only trace of his hysterical crying from earlier. Well, besides the wet carpet he lay on.

A cold breeze whisked over him from the open window, the curtains shifting as a beam of sunlight peaked through, lighting up the whole room. The carpet was soft under his touch yet hard and uncomfortable to lie on.

He wanted to move. He would be lying if he said he didn't. But all sensations of his limbs were gone, like he floating in a dream. He doesn't know if that's from not moving for hours on end, simply sobbing, or if it was from pure grief.

The grief of losing him, after he felt like he had it all together, like he finally had someone, having someone in his life who cared for him constantly, who would always be there.

And he's gone.

And it's all his fault.

Red... I miss you...

Red's not coming back.

Not if you keep just lying on the floor like this.

Ant sat up slowly, his body aching from being in the same position. He leaned against the door, stretching out his muscles before sighing, slowly getting up.

Ant, you promised them.

He turned the handle on the door hesitantly, before squeezing his eyes shut and walking out determinedly.

They're counting on you to save them. The part under their Eggpire self. Don't let them down again.

His footsteps were soft and quiet on the wooden planks, as if he wasn't sure what he was doing and truth be told, that was exactly what he was doing. He didn't know where to go, who to look for, what to find. Well, maybe he did.