• Not At All •

Please vote and comment.❤️

I did my usual morning routine and took my insulin shot afterward. I don't have to go ask Martha anymore since she just went missing in action.

I went downstairs to grab myself something to eat when I heard voices coming from the living room.

I curiously went closer and bumped into a hard chest. I gasped as I stumbled back. Calix grabbed my arm and pulled me flush against his chest.

I nervously looked at him while my heart was pounding in my chest.

"Who's this?" I heard a woman ask from behind us.

"Lexi, this is Nevaeh, my girlfriend," Calix said so I lifted my hand. "Nevaeh this is my friend Lexi." He said and the girl smiled at me.

Why did he say "friend" like that? Oh. They used to date! Well, that's awkward. Oh wait are they still dating?

I smiled mischievously before running a hand through my hair.

"Daddy could you go grab me my towel I'm going for a swim," I asked him and he nodded.

"Daddy?" Lexi asked and I just smiled.

"Is there a problem?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No not at all. Just that I used to call him my master." She said before licking her lips and I glared at her. "Where are you from I can't quite place your accent." She said and I blankly looked at her.

"I'm from Bulgaria," I said softly, God I'm not going to become emotional. But I so badly want to go home.

"And you flew halfway across the world for Calix, I mean who wouldn't? But you look 18 years old." She said in confusion.

"I am 18 years old." I shrugged. "Apparently we aren't doing anything illegal," I said before smiling tiredly.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'm fine," I said under my breath. First of all, I don't want to get punished, second of all I don't want to get Lexi killed because I told her I was kidnapped.

"It was nice meeting you, I'm just gonna go take a swim, if you need anything let me know," I told her and she nodded at me with a smile on her face. I can tell that she doesn't like me.

Calix came back outside and handed me a towel.

"You're walking on thin ice, Heaven. I'm not your errand boy." He whispered into my ear and I nodded. He hit my ass before walking away from me.

I unzipped my dress and let it fall to the ground. I like this brown bikini that I'm wearing it matches my mood today, I'm in a shitty mood. Don't ask why.

I tied my hair into a bun before going into the water. I stayed in the water until the sun went down. I climbed out and dried myself with the towel.

I went into the house and grabbed an apple. I heard footsteps approaching me so I turned around.

"Hey," I said when I saw Calix. He was kinda blurry. Then the apple rolled out of my hand.

"Hi." He said blankly.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked softly. "You know without having to be afraid? I just- need somebody to talk to." I said slowly.

"Then talk." 

"I want to go home, Calix," I said softly. "I want to talk to my mom. And I miss hearing my dad asking me if I'm okay. I want to hear my best friend laugh again. How will I explain to them that I won't be able to come home for this break?" I asked before I stumbled back.

"Nevaeh? Did you take your shot?!" Calix angrily asked me.

"Yes," I said as panic settled in. What's wrong with me? 

"Did you eat?" I heard him ask but it sounded so far away. "Nevaeh!" He yelled angrily.

"No," I said before I was picked up by Calix and placed on a barstool.

He quickly grabbed a bottle of water and a fruit salad from the refrigerator. I slowly started to eat the fruit salad although I didn't really have an appetite.

I drank some water and my vision became a little bit better. I sighed before looking at Calix. His jaw was clenched again.

"You're fucking irresponsible Nevaeh. If you fucking do that to me again." He threatened while I looked at him in fear.

"I need you to look after your health, Nevaeh." He explained slowly. "Can you do that for me?" He asked and I just nodded. He left me alone in the kitchen and I rested my head on the counter.

Why did I have to get sick? I wish I was normal like everybody else.