• The Invitation •

Thank you everyone for adding this book to your libraries. I appreciate it.❤️

We're at 4.9K you guys. And we were at 1.2K last night. I'm mind-blown. Thanks for the support.🫂

"It's so good to finally meet you." He said before holding his hand out to me.

He said something to Calix in Spanish that I couldn't make out. All I could understand in that sentence was Mama.

"Nice to meet you too," I said before shaking his hand.

Calix replied to him in Spanish so I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Don't look so suspicious. We've been searching for you for a long time now." Vicente said before smiling again.

"You should come to my ball next Saturday." He said kindly and I looked at Calix.

"Well, I can't leave the house," I said slowly.

"You can when you're under my protection," Vicente said and I looked at Calix again. Since he's not preventing me from saying yes I'll say.

"Yes. I'd love to." I said before smiling at him.

"Wonderful I'll see you there pip," Vicente said before pinching my cheek. Wow, he's by far the nicest man I've ever met in this godforsaken place.

Calix glared at me for the last time before leaving the room so I grabbed a few ingredients to make a sandwich.

"Calix tells me you're eighteen," Vicente said and I looked up at him before nodding.

"My birthday is actually coming up soon. My mom would always bake me this huge cake. It's stupid I know but the fact that she made it, means the world to me." I told him and he smiled at me.

"I like that." He said before looking at the broken window. "So do you have a boyfriend back home?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"Any siblings?" Vicente questioned.

"I'm an only child," I said and his eyebrows shot up in amusement.

"Well, I'll be damned."  He said before smiling at me. "Calix and I are going to France next week, I assume you're coming with us," Vicente said slowly.

"I don't think so. Otherwise, Calix would've told me." I said softly. I cut my sandwich in half before placing it onto a plate.

I washed my hands before drying them and grabbing a bottle of water. I found Vicente staring at me when I looked up and for some reason, I didn't find it weird or creepy.

"What?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You remind me of my mom." He said with a broad smile on his face. "You look just like her. You're a lucky girl." He said and I frowned before smiling.

"Thanks, I guess," I told him.

"You're welcome, pip. I have to leave. Tell Calix duty calls." He said before leaving.

"Bye!" I yelled after him.

"See you Saturday!" He yelled back before going outside in the rain.

Poor thing. He could've stayed until the storm was over.  I grabbed my meal before sitting down at the table.

I wonder where Calix disappeared to. I shrugged before eating my sandwich when I was done I placed the plate into the sink before going into the living room.

I plopped onto the couch before grabbing the remote. I skipped through a few channels before putting it on "The Duff" my favorite movie.

As the movie was coming to an end I heard someone opening the glass door so I went there.

My eyes widened when I saw Lexi standing on the balcony with Calix's shirt on. The buttons were undone and she was only wearing her underwear underneath it.

"Nevaeh right?" She asked with a smile on her face and mine dropped. I gulped before turning around and heading up to my room.

I walked past Calix in the hallway and heard him call after me but I slammed my door shut. God, what was I expecting?

I sat on my bed with my face in my hands when suddenly my door burst open and revealed Calix.

Please vote and comment.😉