• 42 Days •

50K! I'm speechless!🤭 Thank you, everyone, for adding this book to your libraries, for voting, for commenting, and for reading. I love you, stay vivacious.❤️💅

Vicente arrived at Kelly's house shortly after we did. I can't believe that I have to take a DNA test for them to believe me. It's humiliating.

"Let's get this over with," I told him and Kelly shook her head at what was about to happen.

We drove down to the hospital and they drew my blood. The doctor also informed me of the risks of my pregnancy seeing that I am diabetic. And apparently, I'm six weeks along. That's 42 days.

When the doctor was done she gave me an adoption pamphlet which I tore up into tiny pieces in her face. "Know your place. Just because you're a doctor doesn't give you the right to interfere in the choices that I make." I said before leaving the room.

"Take me home please." I pleaded with Kelly when I spotted her outside.

"Wait I have to tinkle," I told her before going to the bathroom. I finished my business and went back outside.

I saw Vicente and Kelly talking about something so I frowned. Why do they look so sus?

I went over to them and they were suddenly quiet.

"Why are you guys acting so weird?" I asked them bluntly and Vicente started laughing.

"Nothing important," Kelly said before smiling at me. "Now let's get you home." She said softly.

As soon as we exited the hospital I asked Kelly what they were talking about.

"So I'm not supposed to tell you this but he bribed the doctors to have the results ready by tomorrow," Kelly said and I frowned.

"Why tomorrow?" I asked curiously, it's almost as if they knew that I was leaving.

"I may or may not have told him that you're planning to run away with Jorde." She said so I hit her shoulder.

"Why would you tell him that?" I asked her wildly.

"I'm just trying to help." She replied blankly.

"This isn't gonna help. The fact remains that Calix refused his child. He wants nothing to do with us. Why did you make me tell him?" I asked Kelly and she sighed.

"Nevaeh I know you're angry but you're not gonna blame this on me. He was going to find out eventually." She said so I frowned.

"I'm sorry I'm just not used to feeling like this. Like I don't belong anywhere. They took everything away from me." I said softly.

"But you're still you. A little bit pregnant but you're still the same Nevaeh that I've always known and loved. Nobody can ever take that away from you." Kelly said so smiled at her.

"Thanks that makes me feel so much better," I told her then we both smiled at each other. When we got home I started to pack my bags.

I honestly don't have a lot of things most of my stuff is still at home. And going back there would be like walking into a warzone. So I'll stick to what I've got. When I was done I went to bed and fell asleep instantly. 

The next morning I woke up to Kelly's alarm. She turned it off before slumping back into her covers. I climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom.

I took a nice and warm shower and stepped out a few minutes later. I looked at myself in the mirror before placing my hands on my belly.

They let me listen to my baby's heartbeat last night. It was extremely uncomfortable. Since my baby is so small they had to do a transvaginal ultrasound.

Anyway, it was the best sound I've ever heard. I smiled as I looked down at my belly. I imagined Calix hugging me from behind. He placed a kiss on my neck before he rested his hands on my stomach. Then he turned my chin towards him before he placed a passionate kiss on my lips.

Never gonna happen Nevaeh.

I quickly got dressed before fixing my hair and doing light make-up. The doorbell rang so I headed downstairs to open up for Jorde. He smiled when he saw me before coming into the house.

"Morning beautiful." He said before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Morning handsome," I said before hugging him.

"Tova ne e sbogom." This isn't goodbye. I told Kelly and she nodded her head as tears brimmed her eyes.

"Nevaeh, ne e nuzhno da khodish." Nevaeh, you don't have to go. She said sadly so I hugged her.

"Yes, I do. Take care of yourself, babe." I told her and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Take care of yourself and the baby." She said into my shirt. "I love you."

"I love you more," I said before placing a kiss on her cheek. "I'll come visit you at least once a month." I told her and she smiled at me.

We hugged for the last time before I left with Jorde.

Also... Sorry for the late updates. I've been really busy. But I hope you enjoy them. Xoxo...🫂😙