• If I Stay •

Please vote and comment.🦋🦋

"Pack your things," Calix said blankly.

"Calix she needs me-" I said while looking at Kelly through the window.

"I don't care Nevaeh. If anything happens to you or our baby it's my fault." He snapped at me.

"What if something happens to her? She's my best friend." I said and he frowned at me.

"Pack your bags." He said before exiting my room. I sighed before grabbing two suitcases.

"Nevaeh." I heard Kelly's voice so I turned around. I ran into her arms and we just stayed like that for a while.

"I'm sorry," I told her and she wiped her cheeks dry.

"Don't be." She said softly.

"I didn't know. If I knew I wouldn't have asked you to stay in my room." I told her and she nodded.

"I know." She said softly so I placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You're leaving?" She asked and I nodded.

"Calix thinks it's too dangerous if I stay here," I explained to her.

"Are you serious?" She asked and I sighed.

"If I stay I'm putting everyone's lives in danger. I can't lose you or anyone else." I told her and she just stared at me.

"Don't go. I'll stay, just please don't leave me." She said softly so I hugged her.

"Please don't make this harder than it already is," I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry." She said softly.

"I'll come visit you every day. It'll be just like at home. I'm still your bestie." I told her and she nodded.

"Yeah, just be careful." She said and I nodded before I started throwing my clothes into the suitcases.

When I was done I shut my suitcases before going to Carmella's nursery. Calix held her in his arms and I breathed out in relief.

I started packing her things and when I was done I took them back to my room. I spotted the blood on the carpet and the vomit pushed up in my throat. I grabbed the garbage bin before throwing up into it.

I wiped my mouth before looking up at Calix. He placed Carmella on my bed before placing pillows around her. He came walking over to me before sitting on the floor. He pulled me against his chest and I just let it all out.

"It's okay." He said while rubbing my back.

"It's not," I told him and his jaw clenched.

"I love you, Heaven." He said and I sniffed before resting my head against his chest.

"I love you too," I said into his shirt.

"Let's get you out of here." He said and I nodded. We got up before grabbing the bags and going downstairs.

I said goodbye to my dad, Kelly, and Vicente before Calix and I went home. When we stopped in front of the house I climbed out to get Carmella from the backseat.

"Mommy's here," I told her and Calix placed a kiss on my cheek. He led the way and opened the door for us.

He took Carmella from me and I headed upstairs. I went into his room and his closet was divided in two. We're sharing, I couldn't help but smile. I went into my old room and it was prepared for Carmella. Everything was pink.

I was smiling like an idiot when I felt him placing another kiss on my cheek.

"It's not ready yet." He said and I frowned.

"It's perfect," I told him and he smiled.

"Do you think she'll like it?" He asked me and I chuckled lightly.

"She'll love it," I told him and he smirked.

"She's sleeping." He said and I smiled.

"Do the honors," I told him and he gently placed her into her crib. I carefully watched Calix and remembered what my dad had told me.

I mean the first time that I got here, those girls were sitting in that alley. I remember everything and then he said if I play my cards right-

I went outside to catch my breath. I went onto the balcony before breathing in rapidly. Calix wouldn't do that. He wouldn't traffic those girls, would he?

I heard the door to the balcony slide open behind me so I sucked in a deep breath before releasing a shaky one.

"Can I- ask you something?" I asked in a strained voice and Calix frowned at me.

"Shoot." He said and my breathing increased.

"Do you-" I started before breathing in slowly to calm myself. "Do you traffic girls?" I asked him and his face went blank.

"Please answer me," I said as tears brimmed my eyes. "Just say something," I said while crying.

~

I'm working towards the ending my friend. I hope you stay until then. Love you.❤️