• Alive •

The song above is dedicated to all of you guys. I don't know if you remember it from a few years ago but it was one of my favorites. It motivated me a lot, I hope it can do the same for you guys.

(Like You by Tatiana Manaois)

I love you.❤️

We stopped in front of the hospital and Calix stumbled out of the car. I opened my door and he gently lifted me into his arms.

As soon as we entered the hospital the yelling of nurses and doctors was heard.

"I love you," I said before they ripped me out of his arms.

"I love you too." He said while they checked the bloody wound on his stomach. The doctor told him something but he seemed angry.

"No, I have to be with her!" He yelled in frustration.

"Help him!" I yelled before the doctors took me into a room. They pinned me to the bed before putting me under anesthesia.

Three Weeks Later

"Calix," I said as soon as I opened my eyes.

I slowly sat upright before looking around the room. A lady was sitting in a chair watching me.

"Mija." She said softly and I frowned.

"Where's Calix?" I cried sadly and she stood up from the chair.

"Calm down, mija." She said before taking my hand into her own.

I pushed the button above my head and a few seconds later the doctor entered my room.

"Where's Calix?" I asked immediately. "Vasquez," I said and the doctor sighed.

"Ma'am I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the room." The doctor told the lady who just nodded before leaving the room.

"Don't you want to know about your baby first?" The doctor asked gently and I frowned. Why won't she answer me?

"Yes tell me. Please." I said softly.

"She survived." The doctor said with a smile on her face and I burst out into tears. He was right it was a girl.

"What about Calix?" I asked again and the doctor took my hand into hers.

"I don't know but I'll find out and let you know as soon as I can." The doctor said so I nodded before wiping my cheeks dry.

"Get some rest." She said before leaving the room.

I placed my hands on my belly which had become a little bigger. How long was I asleep? Or how long did they keep me asleep?

The lady from before came walking into my room again and I frowned deeply before backing away from her.

"Nevaeh I'm your mother. Valentina." She said and I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Get out," I said angrily.

"Nevaeh please let me explain." She said softly.

"Not interested lady. Get out!" I said rudely and the woman reached into her bag before placing an envelope on my bed. She nodded before quietly leaving my room.

I threw the envelope off the bed before staring at the wall. I don't know how long I stayed like that but I only snapped out of it once I heard a knock on the door.

My head snapped up and I saw my dad walking in. He sat next to me before pulling me into a tight hug. I cried into his shirt before hugging him back.

"Oh, mija. Are you okay?" My dad asked so I nodded.

"Can you tell me- about Calix?" I asked and my dad blinked twice before opening his mouth to speak.

"Mr Morales." The doctor said before fully entering the room.

"Did you find anything?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Is it okay if he's in here? It's not visiting hour." The doctor said and I nodded.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush Mr Vasquez-" The doctor started but my dad interrupted her mid-sentence.

"Can I have a moment alone with my daughter?" My dad asked the doctor who nodded at him in fear. "The last thing she needs right now is unnecessary stress." He said and the doctor quickly left the room.

"Why would you do that?" I asked angrily. She was literally on the verge of telling me about- him.

"You need to come home before Slater comes back to finish the job." My dad said in a whisper.

"That's okay. I'm sure we can leave." I said softly.

"Have you spoken to your mother yet?" He asked and I frowned at him.

"Don't tell me you got back together with her. Or that you still love her." I said in disgust.

"I did still love her until I found out that she mind fucked us all. Now all that love I had for her has turned into hatred, it's so tainted now. I won't go back to her mija." He said before hugging me.

"Thanks, Dad," I said into his shirt and as I opened my eyes I saw Vicente standing in the door. I pulled back from my dad before staring at him.

"Hey, pip." He said softly.

"Mano," I said blankly.

"Lo siento. Por favor, perdóname, hermana. Soy una persona de mierda. No merezco tenerte en mi vida." I'm sorry. Please, forgive me, sis. I'm a shitty person. I don't deserve to have you in my life.

"Language." My dad scolded.

"You're not a shitty person," I told him softly and my dad scoffed at our cussing. "What was the last part?" I asked in confusion.

"I don't deserve to have you in my life." He explained softly.

"We're blood, mano. It means we have to stick together and nothing will ever change that." I told him before he hugged me.

"And I never want to see her again," I said emphasizing the word her. "She's not my mother. Never was and never will be." I said pointedly.

As for Calix. The bravest man I have ever met. The only man that I have ever loved with my whole heart. I know-

That he's alive.