• Trust Me •

"Go away," I said before going into my closet.

"Nevaeh it's not what it looks like," Calix said apologetically.

"No it's exactly what it looks like and there's nothing that I can do about it because you've made our relationship status very clear to me," I said before grabbing a matching shirt and shorts.

"And I'll always stand by what I said but it was storming outside and her car broke down so she walked over here. I lent her my shirt while I dried her clothes." Calix said softly before taking my hand into his.

"Trust me, Heaven." He said while lifting my chin. And even though I could see the honey dripping from his lips I decided to trust him.

"Okay," I said softly and he smiled softly at me.

"Good girl." He said before smirking and leaving the room.

I quickly got dressed before climbing under my warm blankets. I heard the thunder outside and even though I was scared out of my mind I kept lying in the same dreadful spot all by my lonesome.

I couldn't sleep so I started to count sheep in my head.

The door to my room suddenly opened. He closed the door behind him before climbing under the blankets and pulling me flush against his chest.

I rested my hand on Calix's chest and he soothingly rubbed my back. I yawned tiredly before closing my eyes. Knowing that I was safe from the storm taking place outside.

I could get used to this.

The next morning when I woke up the bed was empty beside me. It's like he was never there. I slowly sat upright before looking around me.

The storm has ended. What a relief, I climbed out of bed before going into the bathroom and running myself a warm bath.

I slipped out of my clothes before climbing into the bathtub. I stared at the ceiling and when the bathroom door opened I sat upright and watched Calix closing it behind him.

He sat at the edge of the tub and he examined my body. His eyes softened as he did so, he cleared his throat before looking at me.

"Get ready. Camreigh's play is today." He said and my eyes widened in realisation. I almost forgot.

"On it." I said before smiling briefly. He was serious the entire time he frowned slightly before getting up and leaving the bathroom.

When I was done bathing I got out and dried my body. I went into my room and grabbed a pair of jeans and a black turtle neck before shrugging my coat on. I placed my grey beanie on my head before applying light make-up to my face.

I slipped my heels on before leaving my room. Calix stood against the wall across from my room, he looked at his watch before looking at me then he went downstairs.

We went outside together and he opened my door for me so I thanked him. He was quiet the entire ride to Camreigh's school and I frowned.

"Is everything okay?" I asked carefully when we stopped in the school parking lot but he ignored me. "Calix." I called and he briefly looked over at me.

"Everything's perfect." He said blankly.

"Can you please stop doing this your hot and cold attitude is really confusing me." I said softly.

"I'm not trying to confuse you." He said blankly. "You're reading too much into it." He explained.

"No I'm not you're messing with my head," I told him and his jaw clenched.

"If you don't shut up right now." He warned and my eyes widened.

"Then you're gonna punish me," I said and he glared at me.

"I was gonna say kill you." He blankly corrected me so I shut up. Before I die I need to know why I'm here.

Who's Vicente?

And why is Calix acting so strange?

👀☕