• I Need Answers •

Please vote and comment.❤️

My eyes slowly flickered open and I was met by a pair of green eyes. His eyes are greener than Shrek's entire body.

He gently brushed a lock of hair behind my ear and I frowned slightly.

"Forever until the end." He said under his breath so I sat upright. I watched him in fear as his face held no expression. It's because he's going to kill me.

"Please-" I begged and a small frown rested on his forehead.

"Please what?" He asked in confusion.

"Don't kill me," I said before softly crying. He pulled his hand back from me before getting up from the bed.

"I'm not killing you." He said and I frowned before wiping my cheeks dry.

"Why are you here then?" I asked him and he frowned.

I took the picture out from under the mattress before showing it to him. He grabbed the picture from me before staring at it.

"Where did you get this?" He asked before clenching his jaw.

"Your bathroom. I knew you, didn't I?" I asked him and he just blankly looked at me.

"That engagement ring- who gave it to me?" I asked him and he looked away from me. "Did you kill the person I was going to marry?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Will I ever remember what happened this past year?" I asked him and he licked his lips before nodding.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked him and he pointed at his ear. Someone's listening? I nodded in understanding.

"I need answers," I said and he sighed.

"You're asking the wrong person." He said while looking at the ground and I closed my eyes for a minute.

"Forever until the end what does that mean?" I asked him and he took hold of my hand.

"Significa exactamente eso." It means exactly that. He said and I frowned. What makes him think I can speak Spanish?

"What does that mean?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Forget it." He said before leaving the room.

I massaged my temple before lying curled up under the thin sheet on the bed. I have this feeling that's telling me that this past year changed my entire life. It was so important that it left an emptiness inside of me that I can't describe.

It's like I found something that I needed and now I've lost it again and I can't even remember what it was. And the fact that Kelly was in that picture means something.

One of us dragged the other into this mess. And knowing myself it wasn't Kelly. The light in the room suddenly went out and my eyes widened.

I was searching for the lamp when I heard the window slide open. Why won't it work? I pulled my knees up to my chest before squeezing my eyes shut in fear.

A hand suddenly covered my mouth to muffle my screams. I kicked and screamed as I was picked up and thrown out of the window. A scream escaped my mouth until I landed in someone's arms.

I couldn't see anything in the dark but they could clearly see me. Another hand covered my mouth before I was carried somewhere. They lifted my dress and I started crying in fear. Something got ripped off the material.

The sound of a car door opening was heard right before I was placed onto a leather seat. A light finally flickered on and my breathing increased. 

"Kelly?" I asked before she pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry for pulling the wire off so harshly but I had to think fast." She said so I nodded.

"What's going on? Who are these people?" I asked her and she frowned.

"What do you mean Nevaeh it's your family." She said and I shook my head at her.

"Why would you say that? You know who my parents are." I told her and she breathed in deeply.

"Let's talk once we're out of here, I think you're in shock or something." She said so I nodded.

"Here they come," Kelly said and the doors to the car swung open. The Vicente man jumped in on the passenger seat and the old man from the picture jumped behind the steering wheel.

My eyes widened when I saw the baby in Vicente's arms. His forehead was bleeding and he seemed out of breath.

"What are you doing with that man's baby?" I asked him and he frowned at me.

"You mean your baby?" He asked and I frowned.

"She doesn't seem to remember you or anything else," Kelly told them.

"What?" The old man asked. "Mija? You don't remember us?" He asked and I shook my head.

"She only remembers me," Kelly said and they frowned even more.

"So it's amnesia, right?" Vicente asked and Kelly nodded.

"But how?" The old man asked. 

"The con man said that they erased my memory of the past year," I said and the car dawned in silence.

"Who Calix?" Vicente asked.

"Why do you call him Calix? His name is Stone. He said that he killed the real Calix Vasquez." I said and there was even more silence.

"What do you mean, Nevaeh?" Kelly asked in confusion.

"I don't know but that's what he told me. Something about being the estranged son of a mafia boss. He's a con artist." I said and they stared at me in disbelief.

"Calix went to a boarding school, right?" The old man asked Vicente and he nodded. "For five years?" The man asked again and Vicente was just frozen. They all suddenly looked up at me and I frowned.

"What?" I asked and Kelly took my hand in hers.

"You were engaged to him. And Carmella is your baby and he's the father." Kelly said softly.

"We were engaged to be married?" I asked softly and Kelly nodded. "I have a baby?" I asked again.

"Yeah, she's yours," Kelly said while looking at the baby in Vicente's arms.

"He conned me too?" I asked in confusion and everyone was quiet.

If you need clarity on anything please leave an inline comment so that I can clear it up for you.❤️