• Home •

I went into the bathroom and took a long shower. When I was done I went into Calix's room. I walked into the closet and chose my green two-piece short suit paired with my black heels.

I straightened my hair and went outside when I was done getting dressed and doing my make-up.

I walked past the glass door leading to the pool and I saw Calix and Camreigh in the pool. That's so adorable.

No, it's not. And I am not in love with Calix.

I turned away and went to the refrigerator. I fixed a ham sandwich for myself before going into the living room.

I turned the television on before plopping onto the couch. I switched between the channels until I heard my name. I went back and the sandwich dropped from my hand.

"The police are now outside the house of missing 18-year-old, Nevaeh Hart. If anybody knows about the whereabouts of Miss Hart please inform all authorities." The man said over the mic.

I saw my family home in the background. I sniffed before wiping a tear from my cheek.

"So she's been missing for two weeks now?" The man's colleague asked him and he nodded before sitting down on a chair.

"Her roommate claims that she last saw Nevaeh before she went to the store." He explained.

"So it's that unsafe for college students these days. Does the University have anything to add?" His colleague asked and I switched the TV off.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and cried sadly. I placed my hands on my mouth to stop myself from sobbing.

I felt the couch dip next to me. I was pulled into somebody's embrace so I hugged them back.

"Mom?" I asked and she nodded.

"Nevaeh I had no idea, I never thought that Calix was capable of doing something so horrible." She said and I nodded while crying on her shoulder.

"I'm gonna get you home and back to your family." She said and I nodded before hugging her again.

"Thank you," I said painfully and she nodded before wiping the tears out of my face.

"You can't tell Calix." She said softly and I nodded quickly.

"When you're home Nevaeh, run. Go somewhere that nobody would find you. Let your parents move and never come back." Calix's mom said and I silently looked at her.

"I know my son. And I know how possessive he can get over the people that he loves." She said softly. "He's not gonna let you go if you don't disappear." She said pointedly.

"He doesn't love me so you have nothing to worry about," I said painfully before resting my head on her shoulder.

"Sorry for not listening to you... And for calling you a gringa." She said apologetically and I laughed through my tears.

"It's okay," I said and she breathed out in relief.

"I can't believe you're only eighteen. You must miss your parents." She said and I stayed quiet. "I didn't leave home or the country until I was 21." She explained and I frowned a little.

"Really?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, you're a strong girl. I don't think I would've lasted as long as you did." She said softly.

"Lasted as long as who did?" Calix asked from behind us. 

"Calix, why am I finding out from the press that your brothers were at your club last night?" His mom asked to change the subject.

"They are not my problem." He said blankly. "So what were you talking about?" He asked again.

"It's girl stuff." His mom said and I nodded.

"Fine." He said before coming to stand in front of me. My eyes trailed over his abs and stopped at his v-line.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Mom, could you take Camreigh home she's not feeling too well?" He said blankly.

"Is it okay if we go, Nevaeh?" She asked and I panicked a little. What if he heard us talking?

"Uhm... Yeah, that's okay." I said softly.

She stood up and went outside to the pool before taking Camreigh into her arms.

"Say goodbye." She told her daughter.

"Bye mano, bye Levaeh!" She yelled before resting her head on her mom's shoulder.

"See you kids soon." Mrs Vasquez said before leaving the room.

I looked back up at Calix and noticed that his jaw was clenched.