• Thinking Of Leaving •

"Are you comfortable?" Calix asked and I nodded.

He's only asking because we just had sex in his parents' bathroom. He placed his hand on my thigh and I smiled before chuckling.

"Nevaeh can you come help me in the kitchen?" Jane asked and I nodded before getting up from my seat.

"So I have a plan." She said in a whisper.

"What do you mean you have a plan?" I asked in the same tone.

"To get you home silly girl." She said before shaking her head.

"Oh." 

Right.

I have to get home. To my family and friends who must be worried sick by now.

"Do you want to hear it?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"I'm going to the city tomorrow to buy Camreigh's "costume". And you're gonna come with me."

"Okay," I said slowly.

"Instead of going to the mall, I'm taking you to the airport." She said before pausing.

"And when you get on that plane, Nevaeh. Go straight home and tell your family, no beg your family to disappear off the face of this planet." She said in a warning tone and I nodded in fear.

"Okay," I said softly.

"Do you understand?" She asked worriedly.

"I understand."

"Good because Calix will stop at nothing to get you back. And if he finds out that I helped you he's probably going to kill me." She said as a tear slipped from her eye.

"No, he won't, you're his mom," I said with a frown on my forehead. "He's not a monster," I argued.

"Where is this coming from a few days ago you hated him. Unless-" She stopped talking and ran a hand through her hair.

"Nevaeh, Calix is bad for you and he's always gonna be bad for you. He gets blinded by his rage. I know my son I raised him, for eighteen years. I know what he's capable of." She said in a sure tone.

"So killing his mother would be the most common thing in the world?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, Nevaeh. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. You need to forget whatever it is that he told you." She warned me.

"He didn't tell me anything. It's what I saw in him. I saw that he cares and that he can love somebody." I explained.

"Don't you think I know that? But once he switches his emotions off-" she stopped suddenly. "Can I trust you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Of course you can. You're the only person that has offered to help me, why would I throw that away? You can trust me I won't tell him." I said in a sure tone.

"Okay, now all you have to do is ask Calix if you can come with me." She said before peeking into a pot.

"Easy money," I said nervously.

"Are you sure you're gonna be able to leave tomorrow? You shouldn't have slept with him. And you can't have feelings for him. You need to forget him. Once that plane takes off Calix will only be a memory." She said pointedly and I sucked in a deep breath.

"Yeah," I said under my breath. "I know."

"Let's get back before they become suspicious." She said so we headed back into the living room.

I sat back down next to Calix and rested my head on his shoulder. I think I'm gonna miss him way more than I should.

His mom looked at me worriedly. I can't have feelings for him, do I? I don't know.

But I'm going home no matter what.

Calix placed a kiss on my cheek and I couldn't take it anymore. A tear slipped out of my eye so I wiped it away but he saw.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked gently and his father's eyebrows shot up in surprise. I guess he's never like this with anyone.

"Can we just go home?" I asked softly and he nodded.

"I'm sorry but we have to go." He told his parents before getting up from his seat. His mom nodded at us before telling us to wait for Suzie to pack us some dessert.

Dramatic.

After five minutes we got the dessert and thanked Jane before leaving the house.

As soon as we got outside Calix grabbed my face in his hands.

"Why were you crying?" He asked before pecking my lips. Why is he being so perfect right now when I need him to get mad at me so that we can fight maybe that would make everything easier for me.

"Talk to me, baby girl." He said before holding me tightly against his chest.