• Get On The Bed •

"Hey, Nevaeh. Calix was just telling me about how blue his balls were." Mikey said and I frowned. Blue balls?

"No, I didn't," Calix said tiredly before downing a glass of whiskey. "I'm leaving." He told Mikey.

What are blue balls? Was his balls blue? I didn't even notice.

Calix kissed me before placing a kiss on Carmella's forehead then he left the house. I sighed before going into the kitchen. Kelly was busy washing the dishes. Why is she like this?

Always cleaning and shit.

"Hey Kells, what does it mean to have blue balls? Is it contagious?" I asked Kelly who laughed at me.

"It means that your man hasn't had sex in a very long time. Meaning he hasn't released in a while." She said slowly while motioning with her hand. "Another meaning, the sperm has expired. So he needs to get rid of it by releasing." She said and I nodded slowly in understanding. That makes so much more sense than what I was thinking.

"Where was I during that biology class?" I asked sarcastically and Kelly laughed again.

"And why do you refer to it as release?" I asked her before laughing.

"Bitch you thought blue balls were contagious." She said through her giggles and my smile dropped. She's never gonna let this one go.

I should've googled it.

"Wait a minute did you guys have sex?" She asked in disbelief.

"No," I said slowly. "He just went down on me," I told Kelly who I snorted.

"For shame. You poor thing." She said before patting my back.

"Five more years and the quickies won't be so quickly anymore." She said and I raised a single eyebrow at her.

"Bitch please our honeymoon is coming up and you and Vicente are babysitting," I told her and she laughed at me.

"You're serious?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Dead," I told her and she shrugged.

"Fine. But you could've asked nicer." She said so I hugged her.

"Why do you still live at home?" I asked her curiously and she groaned.

"I have to study and I can't disrupt my routine slash schedule now." She said pointedly so I nodded.

"Online studying is too much effort?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Well, I'm opening a law firm next year," I told her and her mouth hung open.

"You're not even a lawyer." She said and I shrugged.

"Obviously not. I'm just the owner of the company, other lawyers are going to work for my firm." I told her and she nodded in understanding.

"That's so cool." She said before placing a kiss on Carmella's forehead.

"So while running the company I'm going to study online," I told her and she tilted her head.

"You always had the brains between us." She said and I snorted.

"Says the girl who just had to explain to me what blue balls were." I retorted and she laughed.

"Stay and we can become partners. Fifty-fifty." I told her as she folded the dishrag.

"You know what, I'll think about it." She said so I hugged her again.

"That is more than enough," I told her before kissing her cheek and going out onto the balcony.

I found my dad sitting by the table next to the pool while holding a newspaper in his hand.

"Can you believe what they're saying about us on here?" He asked in disbelief. "Descendants of Lucifer." He scoffed but I wasn't really paying any attention to the newspaper article.

"Dad," I called him.

"Yes, mija." My dad said before looking up at me.

"I was thinking of moving back in with Calix," I told my dad and he silently folded the newspaper.

"Dad-" I called but he couldn't look me in the eye for some reason.

"There's something I have to tell you about Calix, mija." My dad said softly and I frowned deeply.

What now?!

"What? Spit it out, Father." I demanded before kissing Carmella.

"Calix went into hiding to operate our-" My dad couldn't finish his sentence so I frowned.

"To operate your what?" I asked angrily.

"Our human trafficking business." My dad blurted out and my breath got stuck in my throat. No Calix wouldn't do that.

"You're sick. You need professional help. I can't believe you would say that just to keep me here." I said before getting up and going upstairs with Carmella.

Calix wouldn't do that.

I bathed Carmella which is my favourite thing to do as a mom. She's the sweetest baby ever. She's not like those kids who cry all day and night. She only cries a little for the obvious stuff like when she's sleepy or when she wants me to feed her.

I pulled her out of the tub and wrapped her in her towel before entering my room.

Kelly entered the room before plopping onto my bed. I glanced at her before fixing Carmy's diaper.

"What happened?" I asked knowingly.

"Vicente and I just had our first fight." She said sadly. And as if that's not bad enough. I took a laxative last night." She said and I cringed.

"You poor thing," I told her before pulling some tiny pants onto Carmella's legs.

"Can you watch her while I take a shower?" I asked Kelly. "Sorry, I know that you're feeling sad but she'll make you feel way better than I can right now," I assured Kelly.

"She will," Kelly said in agreement. When I was done dressing Carmella I brushed her hair before handing her over to Kelly.

"Who's the prettiest little girl in the world?" Kelly asked her and I smiled before going into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower before pulling my navy blue pantsuit on. I let my hair hang loose behind my back before I went back into my room and my breath got stuck in my throat.

Carmella was lying on the bed next to Kelly who was being held at gunpoint. My eyes widened at the masked man. He looked up at me so I raised my hands.

"Get on the bed!" He yelled at me so I calmly sat down on the bed. I gently lifted Carmella into my hands and the man took the safety off his gun.

"Which one of you is Nevaeh?" He asked and Kelly raised her hand. I carefully watched the masked man before pushing the emergency button behind my headboard.

"Well, Nevaeh Hart. I have a message for you." He told Kelly.

"I'm Nevaeh," I told him and his head snapped to me.

"This is how it should have happened." He said before pointing his gun at my head. I squeezed my eyes shut for five minutes but nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and the man was lying on the floor. Kelly was crying but her voice didn't come out.

My phone suddenly rang and I jumped in fear before answering the call.

"Are you okay?" Calix asked me and I nodded, knowing that he was watching us.

"We're fine," I said and the phone dropped from my hand as a tear rolled down my cheek. It's never going to end. Not as long as Slater is still out there.

My dad and Vicente burst into my room. Vicente ran over to Kelly before holding her in his arms.

This is my fault. She's in this state because of me. My dad pulled me and Carmella against his chest but I was too numb to respond.

Please vote and comment.❤️