Ramen~!

“It’s…gone.” I gawk at the horrid sight before me, barely able to find enough of my voice to even form those two words. Kakashi is just as dumbstruck as I am.

“Are you sure this is the place?” Sakura frowns tentatively, fingers lightly touching the small dust covered side table next to us, grimacing at the dirty touch. “I mean, we could've gotten the street wrong or something...right?”

Kakashi swallows thickly and shakes his head. “No, this is the place.”

My lips fumble about, soundless words rushing past them. The shop, the place, everything within a five foot radius is in devastating ruins. Shelves and walls stripped bare, coated with a thick layer of gritty gray dust, and the floor tiles are chipped. I shake my head and take a step further into the used-to-be-store.

“No.”

“Alex.” Kakashi reaches out, but I take another step forward before he can touch me.

I slowly look around, eyes taking in everything, trying to find something. Something that can help me.

But all I can find is the cold, empty feeling that settles deep inside my bones.

“She's gone.” I manage to find my voice, staring at the area where Kakashi and I had sat in during our first visit.

Naruto takes a few steps forward, until he is standing beside me. He looks around, baby blues worried, and then nudges me slightly with his shoulder. He fashions a cheeky smile onto his face. “Don't worry, Ma. I'm sure we'll see her again someday, right?”

I shake my head slowly. “No...”

Naruto frowns and opens to protest.

“No,” I continue to shake my head, “We won't find her.”

My brows furrow and I look to Naruto quickly. Then I twist around and meet my husband's gaze. “We won't find her. She's gone. Completely, utterly, gone. Nonexistent.”

“That makes no sense.” Sakura frowns.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” A chirpy voice interludes, snatching our attention towards the front door, several feet behind Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura. Sakura jumps slightly, unnatural green eyes wide. Obito's smile falters slightly when he notices the tense, depressing atmosphere.

I step forward, lips twitching into a fast smile. “Do you know the owner of this store?”

Obito frowns. “Um, what?”

“This is a store, correct?” My frown reappears.

“Not that I know of.” He shakes his head, confusion seeping into his features. “This place has been abandoned since before I was born. Hardly anybody comes over to this side of town anymore. I only know because this is the way to the Uchiha compound.”

Sakura goes to protest but I quickly silence her.

“Okay.” I smile sweetly. “I was just wondering. I could've sworn there was a store here, but it must've been on a different street.”

Obito laughs lightly and scratches the back of his head. “Sorry then. I could show you guys around later. Right now I have to go train with my team.”

“That sounds wonderful. We'll see you later, Obito.” I smile and wave until he disappears from view. Then I turn to Kakashi. “She gave us something, didn't she? Where is it?”

Naruto steps forward. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. First off, what's going on? What was that all about?”

Sakura frowns and steps forward. “I hate to agree with Naruto, but yeah. What's going on?”