Fluff :3

Letting out a soft sigh, I lean back against the rough wall behind me warily, trying not to close my eyes too often. Naruto sits next to me, watching as I sketch a sleeping Kakashi.

“Why wouldn’t you let him see it before?” He asks softly, carefully keeping his voice low so Kakashi can rest.

I crack a small smile. “Because I didn’t want him to see it.”

I’d already shown the contents of my sketchbook to Naruto. I lied when I said it contained inappropriate things-the ivory pages mostly contained pictures of Kakashi and dragons and some of the kids. Over the past couple days; Naruto has become my little buddy.

“Here you go, sweetheart.” Tsunami, Tazuna’s daughter, says softly as she enters the room and hands me a small mug.

Squealing softly, I take it from her hands and gulp down the sizzling brown liquid-emptying the cup before she can straighten.

“Goodness!” Naruto blinks. “You must really like that stuff, Alex-sensei! That’s your fiftieth cup!”

“It is not.” I giggle, shaking my head. “It’s like my third.”

Naruto shakes his head. “I’ve kept count.”

I hand the cup back to Tsunami and close my sketchbook, ruffling the kids hair as I stand to stretch. My whole right arm is killing me-the carved skin that made my dragon slowly forming a thick scar-and my hands ache from constant abuse. They’re bandaged-along with my neck and forearm-and are blistering because I continue to draw with them. My knees almost give out beneath me.

Naruto stands up quickly and steadies me. “Alex-sempai. You need some rest. Why don’t you sleep for a bit?”

“Not till he wakes up.” I mumble, heavy eyelids thick with prolonged sleep.

I sit back down, settling into my little camp spot. When we first came here, I had half dragged the heavy body of the silver haired jonin into the room and slumped down against the wall. My items that were once packed away neatly in my backpack littered the room-evidence of my aimless attempts to stay awake. I pick up Moo and stare at the silver haired jonin’s head blankly.

“He should be waking up soon.” I grumble, nudging his head with my foot. “Any day now.”

Tsunami laughs lightly and steps out of the room, Naruto hot on her heels thanks to the promise of several bowls of ramen. I crawl over to my sketchbook, which lays next to Kakashi’s head, and flip to a fresh page.

“When’s the last time you slept?”

“I dunno.” I answer, nonchalantly, “Maybe three days.”

Then I blink and my sketchbook drops to the floor with a small clattering sound. Rubbing my eyes, I peer down, trying to see if I had just imagined Kakashi talking or if he was actually awake.

“You should really get some sleep.” His eye cracks open.

My eyes widen and a large smile stretches across my lips. “You’re awake! Finally! How are you feeling? Do you need anything? I’m sure I could go find it, whatever you need.” The words rush past my lips-faster than a cheetah. I hear him chuckle softly and see him slightly shake his head.

“What I need is for you to get some sleep.” He groans, starting to sit up.

“N-no…no!” I frown, hands clamping down onto his shoulders to ease him back down. “I wouldn’t get up yet if I were you.” He allows me to push him back down carefully and then inhales deeply. Squeezing his eye shut, he grunts and moves over slightly.