Flipping Shit

Trees. I am surrounded by the large towering thick plants.

“Fuck.” I state quietly. “We’re in a forest.”

“Are you fucking cosplaying again, Alex?” Sarah sends me a strange look, her chocolate brown eyes scanning over the top of my head.

I stare back, facial features twisting with confusion. “The hell are you talking about?” I snap, reaching up to feel the top of my head. Something soft tickles the skin of my fingers. A cold chill bristles up my spine, causing the hairs on my arms to stand up straight. One ear. Two ears.

Two furry ears.

Yanking hard, a strange animalistic yowl rips past my lips as pain shoots through my skull. I shake my head wildly, long brown curls whipping around. I sniffle, breathing in strange foreign scents, and dart to my left. Aveino and Tyler shout for me, but I ignore them. There is a lake close by, I can almost hear the rushing water.

Sure enough, within the next two miles I find a soft rushing river. I collapse at the edge, muscles burning, and peer over the edge.

And shriek.

Two brown cat ears flatten against my head. I gulp loudly and blink, watching as my reflection blinks with sapphire blue eyes and the brown ears slowly begin to perk back up.

I twist around, gasping when a soft fluffy brown tail whacks me in the face.

“I’m a neko.” I whisper as my family’s urgent stomps become louder.

“Alex! Alex!”

Sarah runs into view first, brown eyes wild. Tyler is close on her heels, only trailing behind to make sure my clumsy sister doesn’t trip and fall to an early death. “There’s someone after us! We gotta go, bitch!”

I stand and growl. Aveino grabs me by the elbow as she passes and tries to drag me away.

“Bitch they have knives!” She hisses.

“I don’t give a fuck!” I snap back, ripping my arm from her grasp. “I have claws!”

Sarah and Tyler turn back to see why we aren’t running. Aveino glares at me and moves for my arm again. “I don’t give two shits, Alex. Stop being stupid and come on.”

A whooshing sound fills my ears, causing them to press against my head again. I move to my left and shove Aveino out of the path of the kunai. Without a sound, the knife buries itself up to the hilt in a nearby tree, causing Sarah to let out a loud ear splitting scream and Aveino’s eyes to widen. I stand back up and whirl around to face the kunai wielder, eyes blazing.

Claws rake against a green vest, tearing the fabric in their wake.

A flash of silverfish-white blinds me momentarily. I suck in a sharp breath as something sharp presses against my neck and a strong arm winds around my torso.

“Nobody moves, or I’ll kill her.” The warm, familiar, voice floats past her ears, causing a bubble of fangirlish love to swell up inside of my stomach.

“SCARECROW!” I squeal loudly, grinning like an idiot.

Sarah ignores me and jabs a finger in the jonin’s direction. “You better let her go, you stupid mofo! Or I’ll fuck you up!”

“Sarah.” Tyler places a hand on his wife’s shoulder and squeezes tightly. “He might hurt her if you threaten him.”

“He better not!” Sarah shouts.

Aveino and I are currently locked in the midst of a staring war-one of which where we make weird looks at each other while we try to figure out what the other is thinking.