Kakashi has a fan!

“I’m a penguin!” I shout, frustrated, while trying to waddle from the bedroom to the kitchen for some food. Kakashi laughs loudly, still trying to make room in his dresser for my clothes. My old room is now just going to be a guest bedroom, eventually a bedroom for the baby. We’re going to have to paint it yellow though before we do anything with it. The sonogram yesterday revealed our baby’s gender and I refuse to allow my daughter to grow up in a frilly pink environment.

I open the fridge and lean against it warily, blue eyes scoping out something even remotely edible. Pulling out an apple, I kick the door shut and waddle back to the bedroom.

“When are Naruto and the kids coming over?” I ask, laying down on the bed.

Kakashi glances over his shoulder to make sure I’m alright and then shrugs. “I told them two. I wasn’t sure we’d have enough food to fix them lunch.”

“Are you trying to say something?” I snap playfully, munching on my apple.

“Yes.” Kakashi grins. “You’re getting fat.”

“Oh, the world is ending!!” I cry, sniffling loudly and throwing an arm over my eyes.

“Where do you want your underwear?” Kakashi asks, holding up a frilly black lace bra. I blink and sit up on my elbows, eyebrows furrowing.

“I don’t remember that. Where’d you get it?”

Kakashi grins sheepishly. “Where do you want it, Lex?”

I gasp, eyes widening, and try not to roll my eyes. “You bought me underwear! God, Kakashi, are you sure it’s even the right size?!”

He laughs and nods. “The most awkward thing I’ve ever had to ask. Luckily, Sarah understands. Now where do you want it?” I shrug and lay back down, still slightly shocked that he bought me a lacy black bra and we haven’t even gotten married yet.

“I don’t care. As long as I can find it.” He nods and turns back to his work.

I grab the small little magazine off the nightstand and flip it open to the page we left off. Skimming over the baby names, I start to name off all the interesting ones to Kakashi. He listens quietly, closing the underwear drawer and opening another one for the shirts. Once I get to the bottom of the page, I wait for his response.

“I like Kiko.” He nods slightly, “And Kimiko, Kiyo, and Kairi.”

I highlight those names and flip to the next page, but then stop, lips pursed. “I really like Kairi. It’s pretty.” I smile slightly.

Kakashi grins and looks up. “Looks like we found her name. Kairi Hatake.”

I giggle and the doorbell rings. Kakashi looks to the clock, eye widening slightly, and then sighs. I follow his gaze, surprised to find that it’s already two o’clock. He walks over to where I am on the bed and lifts me up, lips pressing against my forehead. I cling to his neck, closing my eyes, and he sets me down on the couch.

I’m not that big, but I’ve called pregnancy and I am using it to my advantage. I hate walking.

“Hi Alex-sensei!!” Sakura runs in, a little pink bag in her hands. “This is from my mom. She said to give it to you.”

I nod and take it from her. “Thank you so much.”

“Have you decided on a name, yet?” Sakura sits down beside me on the couch, legs folding Indian style. 

Kakashi opens the door again, allowing Sasuke and Naruto to walk in, and then walks over to join us on the couch. I grin widely and nod, hand resting on my stomach. “We actually just decided. Her name will be Kairi.”