Le New Mission!!!

Chapter Eight:

“Team Seven, where are your positions?” The ear piece that dangles around my ear buzzes softly, Kakashi’s honey thick voice whispering to the kids.

“Sasuke. I’m in point b.”

“Sakura. I’m in point c.”

I yawn loudly, earning a small barely audible groan from Kakashi, and snicker softly as I lean against the thick tree trunk. I am directly across from him and see him flash a dirty look my way. I am unable to tell where the kids are without tapping into their chakra, but I’m pretty sure they are giving me dirty looks too.

“Naruto?” Kakashi whispers.

“Naruto. I’m at point a, believe it!” The blonde replies, voice cracking slightly as he tries not to laugh.

“Take it slow, Naruto. Okay squad Seven.” Kakashi leans forward, hand holding the earpiece to his ear as if it was about to fall out.

I lean forward as well, trying to see past the large tree trunk and thick canopy of leaves.

“Target has moved! Fallow it!” Kakashi whisper shouts.

The soft pitter-patters of feet crunching dead leaves sounds, the kids each moving to their new position. “Over there!” Naruto hisses.

“What’s your distance from the target?” Kakashi asks.

I giggle lightly but say nothing.

“Five meters. I’m ready, just give the signal.” Naruto answers.

“I’m ready too.” Sasuke and Sakura reply in unison, both sounding tense and stiff.

“Okay….”

“Pause for dramatic effect.” I grumble softly to myself. I hear Sakura giggle and Kakashi inhale deeply.

“Now!”

All three spring forward. I jump from my branch and bend my knees, allowing the balls of my feet to absorb the shocking impact. Kakashi is right behind me, but we move slowly, allowing the kids enough time to capture the target and respond.

“I got him! I got him!” Naruto shouts into the earpiece, almost drowning out the loud yowls of a tortured animal.

“Can you verify a red ribbon on the right ear?” Kakashi asks, grimacing at the loud shouts and turning the volume down slightly.

“Affirmative. We’ve got a positive id.” Sasuke replies.

I shriek, the ear splitting sound shattering my eardrum thanks to the earpiece, and begin to rapidly flail around. “SPIDER! NAZI-SPIDER! GET IT OFFFFFFFF!” I scream, running around Kakashi in circles, shaking my head wildly.

Kakashi reaches out, growling, and grabs me by the bicep. Yanking me to a standstill, the jonin flicks the small nazi-spider off my shoulder and sends me a dirty look. “That was my ear you just killed!” He snarls, removing the ear piece.

“Did you kill it?!” I hiss, looking around for the spider. “Was it slow and tortuous?! Did it bleed?!”

“It was just a spider. Calm down.” Kakashi sends me a strange look.

“You obviously did not see its large knives and bazooka.” I snarl back. I’m deathly afraid of spiders.

The kids run into view, the cat dangling from Naruto’s arms-hissing and spitting. I stop moving, frowning at the sound, and hold my arms out. The cat tears itself from Naruto’s grip and launches itself at me, clinging to my shoulder like a frightened child.