Dun Dun Duuuuuuuunnnnnnn

“Kakashi!” I whisper, ramming my forehead into his shoulder. “I’m so bored! Entertain me!”

The male sighs and shoves me away, pointing to my bag. “Didn’t you bring your sketchbook? Why don’t you draw?”

“I can’t take that out!” I hiss at him. “It’s not kid appropriate.”

Kakashi blanches, eye widening, and then makes a grab for the bag. I grab it and hold him back with my foot. “No touchy of the bag! I have womanly items in there!” He still goes for it anyways, knocking my foot away. I jump up, rocking the boat wildly, and the squeak at the sudden loss of wood beneath my feet. Kakashi grabs me by the waist and yanks me down.

“Phew.” Sakura breathes out a sigh of relief. “I thought she was going overboard.”

I land with an oomph in Kakashi’s lap, clutching the knapsack to my chest. “Open it.” He growls, trying to pry my fingers off.

“No!” I protest, squirming around to hold it out beyond his reach. “It’s my personal property!”

“Yeah, that I bought for you!” Kakashi shoots back, grunting.

“Awe.” Sakura squeals. “Like a gift? You got her a gift? How sweet, Kakashi-sensei!”

Kakashi freezes, blinking. “Not like that, Sakura.”

I grin maliciously and dart away from him. “Yes, Sakura, exactly like that. He even wrote me a really sweet little love letter. Remind me and I’ll show it to you later.” After I write one, I add mentally, moving behind Sasuke to hide from Kakashi.

He sends me a death glare.

“The bridge isn’t far now.” The boat rower whispers to us over the soft rumble of rushing water. “Or destination is just ahead. The Land of Waves.”

I let out a small sigh of relief and lean back against the side of the boat. I don’t like being surrounded by water, it makes me really nervous. Sasuke ignores me, carving crude images into the planks as he waits. He’s still mad that I grabbed his ear. The wimp. Sakura crawls over to me and rests her head against my shoulder, yawning softly.

“You’ll want to keep your strength up.” I smile down at her. “I’ll wake you when we get there.”

She nods and grins, drifting off quickly. Naruto watches us for a moment and then smiles. “Hey Alex-Sensei? Can I sleep on you too?”

I shrug with my free shoulder. “Sure.”

He crawls over and snuggles up to my other side. I grin, feeling warm thanks to the warmth that radiates off their bodies, and look up to see Kakashi and Tazuna watching me.

“Do you have children of your own?” The boat rower asks, nodding towards me.

I smile sheepishly and shake my head. “Some day.”

Tazuna nudges Kakashi’s knee. “Guess you’d better be prepared then.”

It takes all the willpower I have not to laugh. Pressing my lips tightly together, I turn away to hide the betraying pink hue that warms my cheeks. Tazuna laughs and Kakashi glares at the floor. A massive bridge comes into view, protruding from the mist in an eerie fashion. Naruto gasps at the size, his jaw hitting the floor of the boat with an audible clang.

“It’s so big!” He shouts, amazed.

“Shh!” The boat rower hisses, slowing his speed. “We must be quiet! Why do you think we turned the motor off and are traveling through the fog? So they don’t see us!”